9.

*Edited*

(The picture is how the park somehow looks)

After I hear the scream, I turn around in a quick motion and throw my knife at the shooter.

I make eye contact with a girl, who ducks at the last minute, leaving my knife stuck in the tree behind her.

Even if I didn't hit her, I had distracted her enough to surprise her, so I lept onto her, grabbing another knife out of my belt, making her fall to the ground with me on top of her.

We turn on the ground, and once she gets on top of me, she tries stabbing an arrow into my face, but I dodge it and manage to get her underneath of me again after a bit of hand-to-hand fighting.

She looks to be around 25 or so, but who knows.

But I get ripped out of my thoughts when she hits me with her bow once or twice before I kick it away from her and catch her in such a way that she can't move much anymore.

She starts squirming around underneath me as I hold up my knife, turning my head away and closing my eyes.

Then I slam it into her heart.

I gag a bit as the blood spluttered into my face and into my mouth as I watch her take her last, weak breaths.

Then I quickly get off of her lifeless body, now wanting to get my knife from the tree.

As I pull it out of the tree, I turn around to make sure Taylor and Ray are okay.

They are sitting on the ground, and I can hear Taylor whimpering as she clutches her arm.

I asked myself why, but quickly got the answer as I saw the arrow that was sticking out of her shoulder.

"Oh my God, Taylor! Shit!" I shout as I speed over to her and Ray, feeling guilt for letting her get hurt.

She must've felt what I was thinking or something, since she starts shaking her head while holding Ray's hand tighter.

After she had calmed down a bit, she decided on nursing herself and I gave her the first aid kit from my backpack, together with a water bottle.

She takes it, thanking me, and I turn away, approaching Ray, who had gone to lean on a tree, watching Taylor carefully.

A hint of sadness is in his eyes, seeing her hurt.

"Hey Ray" I start, trying to get him to lighten up.

"Hey N/n, what's up?" He tries to look less uneasy.

"Oh well, I wanted to ask you guys if you salvaged anything from the supply stack."

"Oh yeah, I was able to get a bag without too many struggles. Taylor wasn't able to get one, but I can't blame her. I mean, she was one of the last people to get out. We decided to work together, of course, so I hid behind a bush and waited for Taylor to get out of there."

"Alright... What's in that backpack, and do you need any weapons?"

"Well, the backpack had a 1.5-liter water bottle and one bread. Then there are a few matches and a small sword."

"Okay. I think either you or Taylor take the sword with a few knives from me, and then the other one takes the bow and arrows from this girl here." I point at the lifeless girl on the ground.

"I guess I'll take the bow and arrow and Ray'll take the sword." Taylor said as she approached us.

She had listened to our whole conversation while treating her wound, and now takes the archery set from the blood-covered girl.