Season 2| Chapter 21

After having split up with Chishiya, I approach the huge abandoned building with lights illuminating it and the aircraft of the King of Hearts above it.

I stop in front of the entrance, a large metal gate, and stuff the folded map into my jacket pocket, before I stare at the small table.

1 per Person

My eyebrows furrow when I notice that there is one last bracelet laid out, with a lot of the others already missing.

But what makes me overthink it for a second is that it looks almost identical to the ones we had to wear in Kyuma's game.

I take a deep breath and take the last bracelet, holding it to my wrist until it automatically tightens around it.

"Please enter the Starting Room."

I follow the instructions of the robotic voice and walk through the gate and into a dark hallway.

Only a few lights are illuminating the long and narrow hallway, making me feel uneasy.

I look up and can only see darkness.

I don't like this game already.

But when I get to the end of the hallway, I enter a large room.

A large screen hangs above four openings in the wall.

But it doesn't look like you can enter them right now, since four metal gates are keeping them closed.

I try to look into each one, through the holes in the metal gate, but the areas behind them are in complete darkness.

My eyes go to the other players who are spread around the room, and I can count about 19 other players.

So, including me, this game has 20 players.

After I enter, the door behind me slams shut, drawing everyone's attention to me.

The screen lights up and shows the face card of the King of Hearts.

Then the robotic voice appears again.

"Registration is now closed."

The screen darkens for a second before lighting up again with the name of the game.

"Difficulty: King of Hearts"

"Game: The Beast"

"Rule: A Beast will be unleashed after a certain amount of time. Each player has a tracker on them that glows blue. This tracker also shows you your number."

After those words, the silhouette of some kind of animal or mutant appears on the screen, but because it's only the outline of it, I can't really make out what exactly it is.

In addition to that, our bracelets start glowing in a blue light.

I look down at it a bit longer as words appear.

Player 2

Y/n L/n

"The beast will take turns tracking all the players in a random order. When you are being tracked down by it, your tracker will glow red. The beast will try to kill the person it is tracking down and attack anyone close to that person."

Well, doesn't that sound great?

"The beast will only kill the person it is tracking, nobody else."