Season 2| Chapter 22

A/N: Double update, yayy

Btw, if anyone wants to see my face reveal, it's at the end of Chapter 48. of my AOUAD book

~~~

"At first, this game seems simple enough, almost like a spades game. But it's a bit more complicated than that." I start explaining my thoughts to my new-found ally.

"First of all, the obvious one. In the end, only five people can survive. That means that, in the end, everyone will stop caring about their allies. Second of all, finding out who the King of Hearts is. I'm sure that even the last 5 people in the safezone will fight each other, scared that one of them might be the King of Hearts and cause their deaths."

Kuragari nods, acknowledging my words as he listens intently.

"But that's not all of it. When that Beast starts tracking people down, you probably won't want to be in the group with the person being tracked at that moment. You'll start betraying them to ensure your own safety."

"That is indeed true."

He takes out a cigarette, lighting it on fire before moving it to his lips.

"I guess we'll have to promise to stick together then, huh?"

I nod slowly.

"And we'll have to find the King of Hearts somehow."

***

Kuragari and I decide to use the remainder of our 10 minutes to just observe everyone else.

In my mind, I thank Chishiya for teaching me to observe first.

Thanks to that, I now have Kuragari as an ally.

Except for the guy Kuragari was suspecting, I thought another man was acting rather odd.

Two other men, to be exact.

For one, I thought a man who seemed to be in his late 30s was suspicious from the way he immediately gathered a group of people to stick to.

He reminded me a lot of Urumi.

And the second one seeming suspicious was-

"Y/n. Let's go to the entrance already. The time is almost up." Kuragari tells me, throwing away the now smoked cigarette.

I stand up quickly, walking over to the four entrances, where the other players have already gathered.

The timer slowly counts down the remaining 30 seconds.

I look up at Kuragari next to me.

"Which one do we take?" I ask.

"My intuition tells me... the one on the far right." He says.

"And since it also told me to talk to you, I guess it's already made good choices." Kuragari continues, and I let out a small laugh.

"Fine, let's trust your gut."

We walk over to the entrance on the far right side and wait.

The other groups or duos of other players start walking over to the four entrances too, with only one more group, made up of four people, coming to the far right entrance with us.

I look down at my wristband and at the small timer.

Player 2

00:03 remaining until the game starts

I get ready, waiting for the metal gates to lift.