Season 2| Chapter 28

The first half of the next day, Chishiya and I spent relaxing.

Even though it did feel like a waste, I think this is the quiet before the storm.

Something is about to happen soon, and at least the two of us can take a break after winning two King Games.

We only leave the building when it's late in the afternoon.

The sky is still blue, but the sun looks as if it's about to set.

"Wow..." I mutter.

Everything looks so old.

It's much more extreme than yesterday...

So overgrown and green.

The cars are rusty.

The asphalt cracks, and grass is starting to grow out from underneath it.

The dead bodies on the ground have already decomposed into piles of bones.

Shit... Time really flies here.

It's so surreal.

Suddenly, a gunshot breaks the silence, and I immediately turn to Shuntaro.

His eyes widen when he looks at me.

But something's not right...

Chishiya isn't staring at me, but rather at something that seems to be behind me.

Slowly, I turn around and feel my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.

Behind me, the aircraft of the King of Spades appears, and soon enough, a figure walks around the corner.

"Shit, run!" Chishiya yells.

(A/N: Chishiya probably isn't even running. I bet he's doing his waddle again)

The King of Spades raises his gun at us, and as we start running, he fires a few shots at us.

I run, trying to duck away from his bullets.

The bullets seem to rain down on us, getting closer and closer to hitting either him or me.

As Chishiya turns a corner, I try to follow him, but The King of Spades doesn't let me.

He fires many shots towards the corner, leaving me no choice but to run in another direction.

As the adrenaline courses through my body, I try running faster than I have ever.

But my legs start to burn soon, and as if the situation couldn't get any worse, a shadow looms over me.

The King of Spades seems to have chosen to follow me, since his aircraft flies over the street I am currently running down.

And again, gunshots are being fired.

Quickly, I shield the back of my head with my arms as the bullets fired at me hit nearby cars and street signs.

Shit, shit, shit.

Where can I go to be safe from him?

Glancing over my shoulder for a moment, I see that there is still a good distance between me and the King of Spades.

I guess that's why his shots haven't been exact enough to harm me.

Right now, he's reloading his gun before he looks at me.

I feel my body want to freeze in fear when he raises his gun again, but I know I can't let that happen.

My legs burn, and I feel myself slowing down, my breath becoming more and more ragged.