26

I heard shouting from the place I had been only a minute ago.

They must have gone to burn Momoka.

I need to get out of here, so I quickly grabbed a small gun that was lying on the floor, probably from one of the militants who lost theirs, and ran towards a door.

It was the only escape I had since everything started catching fire, but panic settled in as it wouldn't open.

I threw myself against it, only to see that the super glue had melted from the intense heat and had glued the lock and with that, the door shut (A/N: If that's even possible).

This was my last chance of escape! I needed to do something.

Looking at the gun in my hands, I shot at the lock twice and to my luck, the door blew open.

I barged into the hallway behind it, seeing the flames behind me that were about to be the end of me.

Looking around I quickly ran towards a door at the end of the hallway and next to that door, I could see a plan of the building.

It showed me, that the door I was standing in front of was an emergency exit.

As I was about to open this door, I remembered the lasers around the game area, not allowing anyone to go back out once they are in the game.

Shit.

This meant I needed to wait until my phone told me the others had cleared the game and I really hope that would be very soon, looking at the flames at the other end of the hallway, creeping towards me and the smoke starting to get denser.

Come on Arisu!

Tears filled my eyes as I started coughing violently from all the smoke in the hallway.

Then I heard it.

"Game cleared"

"Congratulations"

With that I slammed open the door and ran out, dropping to my knees after letting the gun fall.

I breathed in the fresh air, relief flushing over me.

I hope everyone is safe.

Running around outside, I saw two people approaching the now burning hotel.

Both of them were shaking a bit and I could hear small sobs, that sounded like they were coming from a girl.

Following them, I wanted to see what they were up to and stopped as they both entered the building again.

What do they think they're doing?!

Then I could see a white table after we had passed a hallway back to the lobby.

Oh so those two were after the card-

Wait.

They seem familiar.

Are that-

"Chishiya, do you think Y/n's alright?" I heard Kuina's shaking voice and as my eyes widened I heard his voice.

"I-I don't know, I really hope so... I wouldn't know what to do if she wasn't okay"

It wasn't as stern and emotionless as I actually knew him, but his voice was shaking.

He then picked the card up.

I chuckled slightly and decided to reveal myself to them.

I walked up to them as I spoke:

"You know, you're quite persistent" my voice sounded a bit scratchy because of all the smoke.

I could hear both inhale loudly before turning towards me.

"Y/N!" Kuina cried out and hugged me hardly.

"I'm okay guys! I don't really know how, but-" 

I was cut off by Kuina letting me go and suddenly also Chishiya's lips on mine as I melted into the kiss.

"I-I thought you were...dead" He whispered afterwards, hugging me tightly.

"It's okay now. Let's get outta here"

*Time skip*

 The next morning I woke up to the bright sun rays shining down into my face.

Yesterday we had decided to go to my apartment to sleep, which we also did and after we ate a bit of the not rotten food, I fell asleep on my bed with Chishiya back-hugging me and Kuina sleeping on the couch, which she had insisted.

I sat up groggily, noticing Chishiya wasn't here, and combed my hair with my fingers.

I stood up and decided to change the bathing clothes I was wearing and put on a simple, but clean outfit, that would also be good to move in:

(Without the backpack)

Going out of my room, I could hear faint talking in the kitchen, so I decided to go there

I walked in to see Chishiya and Kuina looking at a piece of paper, before looking up at me.

"Oh, you're awake? I didn't want to wake you up, you looked so peaceful and innocent sleeping." Chishiya said and I chuckled.

"So, what are you both talking about?" I sat down beside Kuina, on the opposite side of Chishiya.

"And why didn't you change your clothes?"

"We were talking about what this piece of paper could mean and we haven't changed because we think you wouldn't want us rummaging through your closet." Kuina awkwardly laughed.

Chishiya shoved a piece of paper towards me and I took a closer look at it.

It had some kind of lines on it that sometimes crossed each other.

"I got it from one of the taggers at the game of tag, you know, the one who died in front of the both of us, Arisu and that Usagi girl." Chishiya said.

"But we don't seem to get what it is!" Kuina sighed.

"I'm not sure, but I think we'll find out soon what it is" Chishiya whispered.

"Well, when I'm trying to find something out, I often just do something else and then randomly get an idea of what the answer could be" I tried to explain my weird ways of figuring things out.

"Then...we could try that?" Kuina asked and stood up.

"Fine" Chishiya simply said.

"So...what do you want to do?" Kuina asked, looking at me while I stood up.

"I think we could...first of all eat and then get you two something cleaner to wear. Since you, Kuina, are taller than me, I could try to find pants that could be a bit long for me and for Chishiya...I think I have some of Ray's clothes over here from all the sleepovers we would have." I spoke.

End of Chapter 26

~Brianna