10.

*Edited*

Important:

(I'm gonna make this chapter a bit full, because I want Y/n to meet Chishiya again, so I'm sorry if it isn't that good or if it's too long.)

Running for about 1000 meters, I slowly start feeling tired and I know, that if I don't want to get tired by wasting too much energy, I need to lose the three figures chasing me.

The girl and the guys are about 200 meters behind me, so I'm not too worried right now, since I have a bigger chance of fleeing them with this distance between us.

By now, the only thing I can think about is that Taylor and Ray have hopefully spiked their food with poison.

Because, I know that with the plan I have in mind, the girl and guys will turn around and go back to their camp again in no time.

Still running through the overgrown bushes, I turn my head left and right, hoping to find some place to hide.

And luckily, after only a few moments, something catches my eye.

Not too far in front of me, I can make out a hollow log, sitting between overgrown plants and thick bushes.

Perfect.

The log looks to be just big enough for someone to fit inside, so I start trying to calculate how much time I have to get inside, as I get closer to it.

Will about 25 seconds do?

I don't know, but I have to try.

This mindset makes me take the risk, and when I reach the log, I immediately scramble into it.

Please, let me stay hidden.

And... hopefully no bugs are going to crawl into my shirt.

I start shivering at the thought and immediately want to get out of the log.

But I know that if I do so, I won't be alive for much longer.

Holding my hand in front of my mouth, I try to stay as quiet as possible, waiting for the sound of footsteps.

(The log looked somewhat like this:)

And I don't have to wait long.

Not even a few seconds later, I hear multiple pairs of feet coming to a stop close to my hiding place.

I can only see a part of their legs and feet, and I decide to just wait.

Will they find me?

Did they see me getting into the log?

How many insects are on me right now?

Stop it, Y/n.

"Where did she go?" I hear the girl's voice.