Season 2| Chapter 23

A/N: Fun fact: if you listen to Funky Town while writing/editing/reading a chapter, you won't be able to take anything seriously :)

I'm speaking from experience...

I meannn I was laughing my ass off while editing this while listening to that song hahaha

Sorry for the long wait againnnn (I gave you all a Nijiro pic ↑ so I hope we're good. Btw he's so cute but cool at the same time, like, whatttt?)

Before my summer break is over (next week), I want to put out this and at least one more chapter.

So, yeah, hopefully :)

Onto le story~~

"It's my turn."

I look down at my bracelet again to make sure I wasn't going crazy or anything.

But when I look up at Kuragari again, his eyes are filled with fear.

"This isn't good." He mumbles.

I clench my hands into fists and feel panic fill my body.

We don't know what exactly that thing is...

But from the guy who was the second person to be tracked and who died not far away from Kuragari and me, I know that that Beast is quick at killing.

In the distance, I hear a loud growl and turn my head back to Kuragari, who takes a step closer to me, sighing.

A weird feeling starts nagging at my heart as he places his hands on my shoulders, looking down at me.

The scene of the two girls leaving their teammate because he was being tracked flashes through my mind, and the feeling inside me gets worse.

He won't leave me, will he?

"Kuragari...." I mumble, his eyes meeting mine.

"Don't leave me now, please." I ask him, waiting for any reaction.

He furrows his eyebrows and scoffs.

"Yeah, like I'd do that. I'm no coward, alright? We're in this together."

His words make my heart feel light, and I can't help but hug him tightly.

His arms wrap around me too, one of his hands slowly patting my head.

"There, there." He chuckles.

I slowly let go of him, and the panic also slowly subsides.

"We just need to stay calm and think of a plan." He tells me.

We start walking down the next hall, with him grabbing my wrist to pull me after him.

A few times, he looks down at his bracelet.

To check the time, I guess.

Another growl sounds through the maze, this one obviously closer than the last one.

"Shit, it's getting closer..." I mutter.

Kuragari stops in front of me.

"We'll have to fight, probably. It does sound pretty close." He says.

"You have any weapons with you?" Kuragari continues.

I think for a moment before opening my jacket and pulling out Chishiya's bomb from my inside pocket.

He raises an eyebrow.

"What's that?"

"A bomb, made by... made by my boyfriend." I tell him, a light blush on my cheeks.