Season 2| Chapter 29

I run to the girl who stares at me and give her a tight hug.

For a second, she doesn't react, but then she hugs me back.

"Are you alright? I never thought I'd see you ever again..." I say, letting go of her again.

Usagi smiles lightly.

"Likewise, but yes, I'm alright." She tells me, nodding slowly.

"Where are Arisu and Kuina?" I ask, excited to see the other two again.

"Well... Arisu and I want to meet up at Shibuya Crossing soon. We split up to look for supplies. Kuina, though... she left shortly after you did. She also wanted to go look for Chishiya." Usagi sighs, an apologetic look on her face.

"Oh..." A small wave of sadness washes over me at the thought that I might really never see Kuina again.

"Speaking of Chishiya, though. Did you find him?" Usagi asks, patting me on my back lightly, probably not knowing what else to do.

"Yeah... we've gone through a lot. You and Arisu probably too. But we just encountered the King of Spades and had to split up." I mutter, stuffing my hands into my jacket pockets.

"Oh... but hey, Arisu, you and I can stick together and look for him. That's better than being alone, right?" She says, trying to cheer me up.

Oh, Usagi is such a sweet person.

I smile back at her and nod.

"Yeah, thank you."

"Well, Arisu is probably waiting for me at Shibuya Crossing. We should get go-"

Usagi's sentence is cut short by a gunshot coming from the direction of Shibuya Crossing.

Her eyes widen, and it looks like she wants to run there immediately.

But I stop her.

"Wait!" I tell her, grabbing her wrist.

I look up at the sky.

No aircraft in sight.

Alright, so no King of Spades.

"What?" Usagi asks.

"I just checked if it's the King of Spades. If it were the King of Spades, I wouldn't want to run there without a plan, but seeing that it's not him..." I tell her.

Usagi nods, her expression serious.

"Then, let's go!"

The two of us start running again, and even though my legs beg me to stop, I won't give in.

Arisu could be hurt.

And maybe Chishiya would go there too...

I need to see him again.

The closer we get, the more gunshots are fired.

This sounds very serious.

I look over at Usagi and notice that panic is written all over her face.

She must care a lot about Arisu.

But I just can't think of anyone who would randomly attack Arisu.

Then again, it doesn't have to be Arisu who is being attacked.

But the feeling inside me tells me otherwise.

I know that something isn't right.

The gunshots have stopped now, and it's awfully quiet.

The only thing I can hear is a mix of voices in the distance.

Before we get to the crossing, Usagi and I slow down, not wanting to run right into the situation.