28.

Mira was sitting in some kind of chair and staring into the camera so intensely, it almost freaked me out.

Yeah, there had always been something weird about her.

"With the exception of the face card games, all of you have cleared all the numbered games this far. A sweet victory you've grasped by sacrificing numerous lives."

I made sure to listen to her, since this could potentially be very important and I could feel Chishiya's hug getting a bit tighter, but it didn't affect me in a bad way, since it didn't hurt.

But I admit, that my face felt a bit hotter than before.

Mira started looking around the white room she was in.

"I wonder how many of your comrades have died?"

I sucked in a breath, thinking about Taylor and Ray again.

Even though I had grown to accept their death, I still didn't want to be reminded of it.

It was weird, but for me it was okay to talk about them without mentioning their deaths.

Mira stood up from her chair and raised her arm, like she was showing something.

"Try remembering...those that were shot with a gun."

Then a few monitors showed our ten of hearts game.

"That girl you burned alive"

Another scene from our last game.

"Those struck with lasers"

I saw the familiar scene from my first ever game when the older woman was shot and I could also see mine and the other girl's face covered in terror by the sight of that.

"And those that drowned. Those who's heads were blown off."

I could see a scene, that made Arisu tense and I saw the familiar face of Karube on the monitors.

My hand shot in front of my mouth after seeing his death.

"And those who killed themselves to save someone else."

Then the dreaded scene flashed onto the screens:

A dead Taylor laying on the ground while I was holding her and crying while Ray got out the poison and drank it, which made me re-live the moment and I closed my eyes, starting to breathe heavier.

"Those comrades of yours."

More scenes of many games flashed by and I could also see a few scenes of the game of tag.

"The despair you've felt so far and those dying moments that you can never forget."

I could see another scene of me throwing a knife at the tagger when Arisu was about to discover the safe zone.

Mira only appeared on all the screens again.

"I'm extremely touched!"

Her voice sounded psychotic and I glared at her faces all around the room.

"All of you players, we would like to give you a present."

"Are you returning us to the original world?" Kuina asked, which made me look at her.

"There will be new games!" She laughed out excitedly and her laugh made my eyes widen.

Many emotions were going through me at the moment and I didn't know what to think.

I felt sick.

New games?!

"Let's play games together. You'll fight for the face cards!"

I swallowed hardly and started shaking, but then I could feel Chishiya's head come down to my ear and I could feel the tiny kiss he gave me.

"It'll be fine" He whispered and I nodded lightly.

"New games?" Kuina asked.

"I don't dislike the idea" 

This made me free myself from Chishiya's grip.

How could his mood have changed so quickly.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I asked in confusion while pushing him lightly.

Before he could answer we heard Mira's voice again.

"We've still got many more wonderful games prepared for you all, so look forward to it!"

"This woman. Is she the game master?" Usagi asked quietly.

"I'd rather see an alien appear on the screen." Kuina answered.

"The next stage will commence tomorrow at noon. Let's have some fun together!" Mira laughed.

"So we have to fight again." Usagi concluded while saying exactly he things I was thinking about at the moment.

"Yes." I simply said.

"One thing is different though. We're finally seeing our target." Arisu spoke, looking concentrated.

Then the screens shut off and all I wanted to do was get out of this place.

So I ran.

"Hey! Y/n wait up!" Kuina shouted.

I ran further, but now a bit slower as I could determine that everyone was following me.

Right as I got out of the subway station, I could hear fireworks go off in the cloudy, blue sky.

Even though I had slowed down, the others were still pretty far behind me and I turned around to a building.

NEXT STAGE

The letters on the building reminded me of when I first came here.

Then Usagi, Arisu, Chishiya and Kuina came up the stairs as well and stood beside me to look at the building.

Then a shadow cast over the letters, which made me look up into the sky and widen my eyes.

I could see a huge airship flying over the city with the face card king of spades on a large kind of banner (or whatever it was) below it.

"We'll definitely find our answers there." Arisu told us.

As I turned around, I could see many more airships with more face cards flying through the city.

"I think so too, Arisu." I spoke.

End of Chapter 28

Hope you guys enjoyed this part!

And: Does anyone of y'all like Twilight?

~Brianna<3

(PS: There's an important A/N in the next chapter :))