Season 2| Chapter 5

A/N: I'm literally so sorry, that the last chapter was like a filler chapter, but I hope this chapter will be better.

Soon enough, we were all standing by the pole, trying to figure out a good strategy.

"Is it just me, or was Kyuma being nice to us? Just like a normal guy" Cap guy asks with a warm, hopeful smile.

"Butt naked and crazy. Yeah, real normal" Niragi responds, leaning against the metal pole.

"This game'll be a bloodbath, just like all the others."

Kuina shakes her head a bit.

"Alright!" She announces.

"Let's distribute the points. How many do we each get? Any ideas?"

"Split them six ways, no?" Cap guy suggests, but I immediately shake my head no.

"No, cap guy. There's no way we can win like that"

"I thought I told you to call me Tatta" He tells me.

"I know."

"Huh?"

He looks at me confused and sighs, probably giving up.

"Y/n's right. It's like Kyuma said. It's an important decision for the game. The initial point split is crucial."

"You got a plan or what?" Niragi asks, sounding bored.

Arisu nods and we all gather around him.

"Here's the plan. The fast runners get fewer points, maybe even less than 1000. The two guards at the base get the least number of points possible."

I listen intently to his plan.

Wow, Arisu is great at strategy-making.

"We go out in pairs, one fast runner with one slow runner. Pairing up for battles has many advantages, but one of the biggest is they can only see your combined points. They won't know how many points you each have."

"That's a good plan. Now we have to decide who our fast and slow runners are and who will stay here, at the base." Usagi says.

I think about it for a few seconds.

"The fast runners are probably me, Usagi and Kuina" I say.

Everyone agrees on that.

"And to protect the base we need someone who is agile and fast" I continue.

"I can fight. I'll stay here" Kuina says.

"Who'll stay too?" she asks.

"I can" Cap guy raises his hand.

"Then the rest of us have to pair up" Arisu says, looking at Usagi as she looks back at him.

Wait.

That means...

Oh god, please no.

I slowly turn my head to Niragi, who was smirking.

"Wait a second" Kuina stops us.

"I don't trust Niragi with Y/n"

"Oh well, I can go with Niragi" Usagi immediately says.

There was some sort of awkward tension between her and Arisu.

I shake my head no.

Those two need to solve their problems.

"No, you two are a great team."

Besides, I wouldn't want anyone else having to team up with Niragi.

Then I turn to Kuina

"I'll be alright, Kuina. If I need you, I'll yell" I tell her, a thankful smile on my face.