23.

Ann shot up, her torch still in her hand, looking at Kuina and me with a shocked face.

"Kuina, Y/n?" Ann asked.

"Hey." Kuina answered.

"What are you doing?" I asked and we stepped further into the room.

"If you guys are free, can you lend me a hand?" Ann asked, ignoring the question I had asked.

"Are you the witch?" Kuina questioned nervously.

Ann started looking through the room again.

"Unfortunately, no" She said.

"What about you two? Well... I guess not."

I looked at Kuina, who was frozen at the spot she stood at.

"Anyone who's desperately trying to identify the witch now is not the witch. If you were the witch, you'd be hiding somewhere to kill some time or participated in the killings." Ann said, looking through drawers.

"So what are you up to?" Kuina questioned, walking towards Ann.

"Searching for the witch obviously." Ann answered, moving to different drawers.

After opening one or two more she found something.

"Here it is." She said, holding up a small tube.

"What's that?" I asked, walking further towards her, to look at the tube closer.

"Cyanoacrylate glue." Ann discovered, turned the tube in her hand.

"Syna-what?" Kuina asked.

"It's some kind of super glue, but what for?" I questioned towards Ann, looking at the tube closer.

"If we heat this up and hold it over the murder weapon, the vapors will fuse with the moisture, showing fingerprints." Ann stated.

She took something else from another table and started walking again.

We followed her out the door.

"Next we'll use cocoa powder to dust for fingerprints on things like cups that have been used by the most likely suspects." She continued.

Kuina and I had a hard time, trying to follow her, as she was walking pretty quickly.

"After we take the fingerprints with tape, we'll be able to identify the culprit." She finished.

"You sound like a detective" I stated and she chuckled a bit.

"What did you do before coming here?" Kuina also asked.

"I was in Forensics in the Tokyo Metropolitan Police." She answered us.

"I see, so we can clear the game like this?" Kuina asked, smirking.

She took her unlit cigarette from her mouth, looking at it.

Ann's face switched to shock as she was staring at something before us.

She stopped and I did so too, looking up to see Last Boss.

Kuina had also stopped at this moment, her smirk switching to shock as well.

Last Boss was holding his sword in his right hand, looking at us expressionless and started to approach us slowly.

"You guys, go ahead." Kuina said, stepping in front of me and Ann.

"What?" Ann asked, turning to Kuina and I looked at her confused as well.

"I'll leave it to you two to clear the game." She said determined.