Season 2| Chapter 3

"Anyone got hurt?" Ann asks after standing up.

I stand up slowly, using the car as a help to get up.

"Yeah, I got a few scratches" I say, looking at my bloody arms.

"Shit and my pants are ruined" I look down at my pants and see them having multiple holes and cuts from the crash.

(If anyone's forgotten, she's wearing a short-sleeved shirt & sweatpants-pic of it is in chapter 26)

"My neck's twisted" Cap guy groans.

"I broke off a nail" Kuina says, looking at her fingers in shock.

"Oh shit" I hear Arisu say and turn to him.

He's right.

Oh, shit.

The King of Spades could be seen in the distance, approaching us.

He fired more gunshots, and we start running again, even though my joints were still aching from the crash.

We run through the rain of bullets, me running next to Kuina.

My run turns into a full on sprint when I see the people die around me and I pass Kuina, running at the same speed as Usagi now.

***(Timeskip)

Arisu, Usagi, Kuina, Cap guy and I arrived at a building that seemed safe.

But we had lost Ann.

We didn't know where she went, but knowing her intelligence, it's probable, that she's still alive.

Arisu was looking out of the window, to see if the King of Spades was still around.

"I don't hear any more gunfire. We should be safe for a while." He tells us.

I'm sitting on some kind of couch next to Kuina, leaning my head back against the wall.

"We can hide here" Usagi says, to which Arisu nods his head.

They smile at each other slightly, making me remember Chishiya.

Guilt washes over me again, knowing we had left him behind.

"I hope Chishiya's okay" I say.

Kuina nods in agreement.

"And Ann, too" she adds.

"Oh, I'm sure they're fine. I mean, they're like super smart." Cap guy tries to comfort us.

"You're right" Arisu agrees.

"If we're staying here, we'll have to go out and scavenge some supplies." Usagi tells us, sighing.

"Water, food."

I agree to her.

But I think I also need new clothes, seeing as mine are almost completely destroyed.

Luckily, I knew this area a bit and was sure that there was a clothing store just a few minutes away from the one we are inside.

"Oh man, this sucks. Do we have to go?" Kuina asks, unmotivated.

"The longer we wait, the more likely, it is, that he'll show up." Usagi tells her.

"Let's go find some food" Arisu says.

"And I'll... I'll go find us a ride" Cap guy stutters.

"Coming with me?" He asks Kuina, trying to get her to stand up.

"Fine" She says after a short while.

I groan.

"Could I maybe go to the clothing store a few minutes away? My clothes are trashed." I ask slowly.