• | Chapter Thirty-Three | •

| Next Morning ~ 10 AM. . .

Brief sounds of delightful soft laughter seeped from the upstairs hall bathroom where the duo stood in front of the sink, brushing their teeth as they swapped flirtatious glances at one another through their reflections. Riley was the first to occupy the bathroom before Michael decided to join her. She noticed he kept inching closer to her and she withheld her giggle as she kept brushing.

She bent over for a second to rid her mouth of the minty toothpaste, then grabbed her small cup of water to rinse the rest of it out. By the time she stood and looked back at her reflection, Michael was right behind her, his pelvis against her rear. She nearly choked on her saliva.

"Move, Michael." She said after she released a nervous giggle and lightly jabbed her elbow into his stomach. He removed the toothbrush from his mouth as his other hand rested on her waist and gave her a little smirk. She squealed in surprise when he planted his toothpaste-covered lips right below her ear. "Don't put your sticky lips on me!"

He only laughed in response before licking the remaining toothpaste off his lips. She jokingly pushed her hips back to push him away, but he barely budged and she felt his fingers dig slightly deeper into her waist. Her eyes met his through the mirror and she could feel her heart palpitating, making her chest heave faster than normal.

His intense stare never broke as he leaned over and spit the toothpaste into the sink, letting it swirl down the drain with the running water. He licked his lips again as he slowly straightened back up, then whispered against the shell of her ear, "I love it when girls know how to throw it back."

Her eyes widened for a split second before she shook her head with a subtle smile and said, "Nasty."

"Only when it comes to you." He replied with a wink and she pushed against him again, successfully making him step back this time.

Their small banter simmered down after she wiped away his white lip print and she started to swish a bit of Listerine. He went back to brushing his teeth, although he never moved from being behind her. She focused her gaze back on the mirror to catch Michael shamelessly ogling her backside with the toothbrush dangling from his mouth. She blushed, then turned around to swat his arm. "Mike!"

He chuckled before finally moving aside to rinse both his mouth and the toothbrush. "What? Your body is nice to look at."

She rolled her eyes with a small smile and spit out the mouthwash before saying, "You play too much."

She tried leaving the bathroom after putting her toothbrush back in the holder, but Michael purposely blocked the doorway with his arm. He leaned forward and lightly kissed her nose. "You know you love my silly antics."

A sly smirk touched Riley's lips just before she nimbly pressed her fingers into his side and Michael released a yelp as he jumped away against the sleek countertop. "Don't forget I know about your little tickle spot." She lightly jested before brushing past him to go back into her room.

He chuckled, then grabbed his things to put away. It wasn't much longer before he caught up to her after another minute or so, and found her making her bed up. He went on the other side to help her, and she flashed him a sweet smile that he returned. As he was smoothing out the creases on the sheets, he suddenly noticed that he tended to sleep better when he was solely around her and she was wrapped in his arms. It also brought up the recent memory of waking her up this morning with soft, light kisses peppered across her back and shoulder blades as he breathed in her heavenly scent that drove him wild.

"What are you smiling about?" She teased after fluffing out a pillow.

He looked up and smirked. "You."