⚠️ • | Chapter Fifty-Seven | • ⚠️

{ ⚠️ Trigger Warning: Violence ⚠️ }

She cowered from his every step as he slowly approached her, his hands clenched tightly at his sides. His icy blue eyes bore into hers with the most profound anger he had inside him. "You hear me speaking to you."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." She confessed truthfully, her heart leaping in fear as he shut the room door. She knew it was about to get worse from here on out.

"Don't act stupid with me, Riley." He stood near the bed and gestured with his hand for her to come closer.

Riley couldn't force herself to move from the bathroom door as the fear instilled within her hindered her from doing so.

Javen released a humorless chuckle. "Just because we're in a public place, Riley, doesn't mean I won't take you into that bathroom and beat the shit out of you."

She gasped as her eyes widened and she willed herself to finally approach him. He roughly gripped her arm when she was close enough and yanked her into him. "Who'd you tell?"

"J-Javen, I really don't know what you're talking about." She nervously answered.

"Remember that little promise you agreed on? You wouldn't tell anyone about anything." He squeezed her arm and she grimaced. "I have a warrant out for my arrest and you're in a fucking hospital. Someone opened their mouth and all the signs are pointing to you."

That's when she noticed that his face was clean-shaven and his hair was trimmed just enough to slightly alter his appearance.

"I-I didn't tell anyone. I swear." She replied with a sense of urgency. She assumed it was Craig who had told; no one else knew of the situation that went down that night until he spilled. Though she felt thankful, she was mostly angry at him; she was the one that had to pay the price.

He squinted his eyes and leaned his face closer towards hers. "Then why are you here?"

"No one has told me yet. I remember being at school... I blacked out, then I ended up here."

Javen was silent as he snatched the chart by the bed and skimmed over it. His eyebrow slightly raised as if he was amused. "Two fractured ribs, exhaustion, miscarriage–"

"Miscarriage?" Riley meekly interrupted, instantly feeling a pang of guilt and sadness strike her chest. She remembered Michael mentioned her bleeding through her jeans, but she didn't want to believe it could possibly mean she had a miscarriage. "I... I lost the baby?" She felt tears welling up behind her eyelids but blinked them back. Feeling numb, she walked around Javen and sat silently on the edge of the bed.

She was deeply conflicted. On one hand, she was free from carrying her attacker's baby. But the guilt of not doing enough to protect the tiny life weighed heavily on her conscience.

"I dunno why you're getting so emotional. Babies are a nuisance anyway." Javen nonchalantly shrugged while walking over toward her and sitting down. Not an ounce of remorse or empathy was felt inside him.

She scooted away to distance herself from him. He arched a brow as he slid even closer to her and she suddenly pushed back against his chest with the little strength she carried within her. "Get away from me!"

"What the hell you getting upset for? It wasn't even fully developed! It's not even considered a fetus at this point, right?" Javen scoffed as he rolled his eyes. "I didn't even want it."

"Regardless, it didn't have to die, Javen! How could you be so cruel?" She raised her voice, standing up and towering above him. "If you didn't want a baby, you should've kept your filthy dick away from me!"