• | Chapter Twenty | •

| Saturday Night. . .

That annoying nagging in her gut was working full-time tonight as she walked with Javen on the fancier side of town. The vibration of her phone shook her small handbag and she knew it was Michelle checking up on her.

"I honestly can't get over how great you look tonight," Javen told her as she caught him giving her a quick once-over.

She awkwardly smiled, not sure how to feel about the countless times he had complimented her tonight, especially when he said that he liked her bun updo but he would prefer her hair down. It raised an eyebrow, but she didn't say much else.

"Thanks..." She replied warily as she reached into her bag to get her phone and send a quick text to Michelle.

He rested his hand on the small of her back. "So, after this dinner, what other plans do you have tonight?"

She shrugged and put her phone back in her purse. "Um, I have a few things I have to go over for a review in some of my classes since exams are coming up."

"Aw, really? 'Cause I was thinking that maybe you should come over, you know?" He hinted, his hand slowly moving down south and his mouth moving closer to her ear. "We could drink a little and get to know each other some more."

The wrenching in her gut grew stronger and a skin-crawling shiver slithered down her spine when his fingers curled to grip a bit of her ass. "No, it's okay." She politely declined, then looked up at the night sky as she prayed silently that he would remove his hand before she did some serious harm to him.

"We don't even have to drink. We could just talk." He suggested instead and licked his lips.

Behind her poker face she cringed, then widened her eyes in slight shock when his gaze boldly dropped down to her cleavage exposed from her deep V-neck black dress. He wasn't even trying to hide his sexual desire anymore. She could tell from his intense stare that he was definitely undressing her with his eyes, and she squirmed uncomfortably.

"So, uh, w-where are we eating?" She tried to change the subject.

His erotic stare slowly faded, and a small smile appeared on his lips. "Marviana. I've been here a few times and it's got a good selection of food with quality taste. I thought you would like it." He finally removed his hand and she looked up at the sky again to thank God for sparing his balls from her stiletto heel.

"I think I would enjoy it." She agreed, looking ahead to see a man dressed in formal attire walking their way.

The man politely smiled and gave her a nod just before passing them. Riley didn't think much of it until she noticed Javen instantly turn around, looking quite pissed.

"Keep your eyes to yourself, buddy!" He yelled after the guy.

The man looked back over his shoulder confused and decided to keep walking instead of acting confrontational. Riley's eyebrows crinkled as she looked a mixture of bewildered and annoyed.

"What the hell was that?" She asked him.

His jaw ticked, and he shook his head. "Nothing." Then he walked away toward the double doors of the restaurant.

She stared after him incredulously as she tried to wrap what just happened around her mind. This didn't feel like the same guy she met a while back at the party and it was starting to scare her a little bit. She thought about canceling the date and her instincts was agreeing with that thought, but she decided against it.

As she started to catch up with him slowly, she pulled her phone back out and texted Michelle.

Michelle 🥰