• | Chapter Twenty-One | •

| Tuesday Afternoon, Mid-November. . .

Riley, I'm so sorry.

I was an ass; I can admit that. Please give me another chance.

Why are you ignoring me?

You know what? I don't even know why I'm texting you. You don't know a good thing when you see one.

Ok, just ignore that last message. I'm a little hurt right now. Please answer me.

Riley.

Riley, come on.

ANSWER ME PLEASE!

This was going on almost all day since she woke up to the time, she was now sitting in Mr. Jackson's class. He was currently going over the topic of the reproductive system and she could barely concentrate as her phone vibrated consistently in her pocket.

She gripped the pencil tightly in her hand and her eyes rolled so hard that only the whiteness of her eyes could be seen. She was still very much pissed about that night and couldn't shake the immense secondhand embarrassment that continued to linger. The fact he wouldn't leave her alone was driving her up the damn wall.

Another vibration shook her thigh. Every obscenity she knew rolled through her mind in angry sentences.

Mr. Jackson paused his lecture to turn towards her, and not even his beautiful eyes could tame the fiery flames burning like a wildfire inside of her.

"Ms. Smith, if you don't silence your phone, I'm going to have to confiscate it." He said in an authoritative tone, unintentionally arousing half of the girls in his class.

If she could breathe fire, the whole room would be reduced to nothing but ashes. She slowly exhaled through her nostrils and it failed to calm her, but she knew Mr. Jackson didn't deserve the outburst threatening to unleash.

With another deep exhale, she detached the animosity from her voice and plainly said, "Sorry, Mr. Jackson."

She didn't get a chance to pull her phone from her pocket to turn it off when Devante decided to add his unwanted two cents.

"The teacher's pet getting in trouble? Never thought I would see the day." He teased while smirking back at her from a few seats up ahead in the next row over. Parts of the class snickered.

Indignation lingered in her eyes that quickly narrowed into furious slits before she flipped him off. "Nobody asked for your commentary, Devante. Worry about why your eyes are so far apart, they're living in two different zip codes and your crooked hairline is receding to the middle of your big ass head."

The class instantly filled with a combination of laughter and "Ooo's!" as Jay and Mr. Jackson stared at Riley in disbelief, although Jay's shock eventually turned into laughter as well.

"Damn, my girl got some juice in her today." Jay chuckled, but Mr. Jackson didn't find any of it amusing.

He shook his head with a disapproving frown. "Ms. Smith, remarks like that aren't tolerated in this classroom."

Her dark eyes tore away from Devante's scowl and back to Mr. Jackson. "So, he can talk shit, but I can't respond?"

'Good Lord, why is she acting like this?' He thought to himself.

"That's not what I'm saying, but obscenities aren't to be used. I'll handle Mr. Ferguson and make sure he doesn't say another word." Mr. Jackson squinted his eyes at Devante and his scowl deepened. "But I don't need you going on a cursing rampage."