• | Chapter Fifteen | •

| Saturday Night ~ Early November. . .

Rihanna's Loud album blasted from the stereo of the black Jeep Wrangler as all three girls were heading toward Frankie's to meet up with the guys for a triple date night. Michelle originally didn't want to go, but she eventually gave in from the constant begging from Riley and invited her best guy friend to meet them there. She knew Jay would be under Craig's arm all night, and she at least wanted someone to be with her in case things went sour between her and Javen.

Riley sighed as she nervously wrapped her arms around her unsettled stomach and slumped down in the front seat. Her nerves were slightly eased when she noticed the familiar scent on her jacket, instantly bringing forth memories of Mr. Jackson to mind. Since the last time she was in his presence, his scent continued to linger and she brought the collar of the jacket up to her nose, deeply inhaling as a small smile replaced her slight frown.

She felt a light tap on her shoulder and turned her head to see Michelle leaning her head in between the two front seats.

"You feeling okay?" She asked, and Riley hesitantly nodded.

"Yeah, just feeling a little nervous." Her faint smile remained as she sighed, slowly turning her head back toward the window. A knot formed in her stomach and she began to feel a little nauseous just thinking about the date that was quickly approaching. Her phone suddenly buzzed in her lap, startling her from her thoughts.

She glanced down and saw it was a text from Michelle. Opening her messages, it read, "Something to do with Javen?"

As she responded back, Jay pulled into the large, crowded parking lot of Frankie's and snatched up one of the closet parking spots she could get. Several groups of friends and families stood outside of the arcade building and throughout parts of the parking lot, bustling with activity. The loud rumbling of go-karts was heard nearby.

"Hey, I'm gonna get out and see if I can find them," Jay told them after she turned the engine off and removed her seat belt.

"You want us to go with you?" Riley asked but she shook her head.

"Nah, I'll be back." She assured, then got out of the car. They watched as she pressed her phone to her ear and disappeared between the row of cars.

Michelle climbed upfront and plopped down in the driver's seat. "What about Javen is bothering you?" She asked as she turned toward Riley, referring to the "Yes" text message she got back.

"Normally when I'm around someone I'm attracted to, I start to develop feelings over time. But with Javen, I just don't feel anything. Isn't that weird?" Riley asked.

Michelle stared out the windshield as she pondered silently for several seconds. "I don't think so. I'm sure there are going to be plenty of people that you'll be attracted to, but you also don't want to pursue anything with them. Don't worry too much about it."

"I'm trying not to," Riley said, feeling her heart beat nervously in her chest the more she thought about the date. "But I can tell he likes me, and I feel bad that I don't feel the same. I think it's because I like someone else."

Michelle raised an eyebrow, now fully intrigued. "And who is this someone else?"

"It's obvious." She softly chuckled, the scent from her jacket filling her nostrils again. She blushed from the memory of the hug that happened almost a week prior.

"Mr. Jackson, huh?" Michelle smirked. "Yeah, he's gorgeous. But in reality, you can't get with a teacher, Ri."

"I knooow." She drawled out, slumping down further in her seat and huffing out in disappointment. "But I just... I really like him. He's all I ever think about and he's one of the first people I look for when I get to school."