-Soaring Standards-

Acacius hated how everyone seemed to have such high standards when it came to him...

To everyone, Acacius was a legendary warrior capable of killing anything and bringing peace to wherever he went... But that was a lie, a rumor...

He couldn't kill everything, he just got lucky to barely survive anything.

He didn't exactly "bring peace", he would just kill whatever was causing harm and then leave...

His sword and armor weren't magical by any means or Angel weapons, they were just made out of very sturdy metal that could weaponize any light it absorbed... he didn't have any abilities like Godzilla or any other kaiju, so he relied solely on his armor...

No, he couldn't fly. That's just an ability the armor gives him, it was just really advanced technology...

No, he wasn't an Angel... he wasn't even close to an Angel, he was a normal kaiju who wanted a normal life that he never got.

But despite him repeatedly explaining this to everyone, they still believed he was some savior, some Angel of some kind, when he wasn't.

He would quit being a warrior if he could, but he couldn't just yet... only about twenty years and then he could technically quit... he'd probably loose his mind before then...

Acacius let out a deep sigh of frustration as he sat at his desk wide awake with bags under his eyes.

Yet again, he was up late for zero reason with nothing to do... he guessed he just wanted to be in absolute silence with his thoughts for a bit...

He wanted to sleep, his body wanted him to sleep, but his mind didn't want to for whatever reason... he just didn't know why...

He silently gazed at his metallic hand... he dragged his thumb over the tiny screws and bolts that held it together... he remembered how he could actually feel that hand at one point.

He kind of missed that hand sometimes... but it was permanently gone, now...

Acacius suddenly froze as a familiar feeling seemed to fill the room.

Without even turning around or saying anything, he knew Red was awake as well, wondering why he was awake.

Acacius somewhat liked how Red, out of everyone else, for whatever reason, showed concern to him... It was as if... the Hellbeast knew how much he was bottling up, how much he was hiding, how much he wanted to show and say, but couldn't...

Acacius quickly felt himself succumb into sleep for a short moment, as, when he woke up, he found himself in Red and Sol's room again, between the both of them as they held onto him and each other as they slept.

It was like a near neverending cycle; he would stay up late for no reason, he would fall asleep, Red would find him and drag him to bed with him...

But... honestly, he didn't really mind falling asleep alongside Red and Sol... Solomon was really soft and warm, and Red would gently hug both of them as he slept...

It was strangely nice and gentle behavior from two Demons... Acacius was told by everyone that Demons were always cruel, violent, and heartless. Guess those things didn't really apply to every Demon at all times...

Acacius let himself relax and doze off as both Red and Sol gently hugged the tired warrior as they slept beside him, enjoying the sense of ease and calmness he had been yearning to feel for a long while...