-Early Hours-

Solomon hung from his sleeping spot in his cave, wings wrapped around his body for warmth as he slept upside down. The Demon Bat would occasionally stir in his sleep; mumbling incoherently to himself, and jerking about his head and body in uncomfortable ways, often concerning his friends when he spoke of it to them and the aching he'd feel for a while afterwards.

But there was one part of it that Solomon never spoke of; the voice he'd hear in his mind whenever he stirred in his sleep- Red's voice. He'd call to Solomon at the late hours of night and the very early hours of the morning, with no success of luring him close- until recently.

It had seemed to be very early in the morning when Solomon crashed to the ground amidst his stirring, groaning in drowsiness and pain from the fall as he slowly got up on his feet.

"Solomon..."

Solomon groaned, now annoyed, "Huh...? What do you want, Red?"

"Sorry for waking you so early..." Red apologized, "I need to talk to you about...something..." Red's voice seemed to trail off.

Solomon was now a bit more confused then before, "Wh...? Why? Can't you wait to talk to me a bit later...?-"

"It's urgent."

Solomon rubbed his eyes, "Uuggghhh- fiiiinnee..." He whined, "Just... tell me where you are."

*****

The cool morning breeze felt refreshing in Solomon's fur, it put him at ease for a moment as he flew above the healing grounds of Zenith, a small smile came upon his face. No longer was the ground bare and engulfed in Hellfire, no longer was the air hard to breathe and full of smoke, no longer did lava flow where waters once were...

No longer did beasts and Demons from Hell trudge about and kill anything that moved, the caves were no longer warped into fleshy messes.
He was glad that Zenith was recovering from everything that had happened- the air was clean, plants and trees grew about, the rocky caves became home to the few creatures that now lived on Zenith.

Then a hill came into view, a hill covered in many flowers; forget-me-nots, roses, daisies, lilies, among a few others he didn't quite recognize. It was all so beautiful... then, he noticed something. He squinted his eyes until he could clearly make out the shape; Red was resting on the hill, looking up at the sky as he waited. "There he is..." Solomon muttered as he approached the hill, preparing to land as he slowed his flight speed.

"Oh-oh-oh... There you are, Red!" Solomon playfully chuckled while he landed, trying to brighten the mood as Red glanced at him. He kept up the playful and cheery act,"What'cha need from me at stupid o' clock in the morning, buddy?"

Red just stared at the flower-covered hills in front of him for a while. He seemed lost in thought. "Well..?" Solomon asked, "Why'd you have me come out here so early? What's so urgent?"

Red slowly picked the petals off of a flower in one of his hands.

Solomon stared at him for a while, not really knowing what to do. After a while of fidgeting around, he decided to sit beside Red, looking over all of the flowers with him, his knees pulled up to his chest.

"You know... this is... really nice." He mumbled, looking up at Red, who only stared out at the field before him.
Another cool breeze went by, making all of the flowers seem to move in a wave-like motion.

"But... really, Red. Why'd you want me to come here?"

Red glanced down at him.

"What was so urgent that you woke me at 2 AM for?"