-Little Buddy-

Usol swung his feet back and forth as he sat on the swingset, looking up at the clouds and the beautiful skies as he waited to be picked up from school. Usually he'd walk or fly back home, but after he had been attacked by other students on the way home, he was told that he'd be picked up from school every now and again. Today was one of those days.

He suddenly felt sad as he thought of how different he was from everyone else; he wasn't from Zenith, he was from Amorphis, a planet that had been ruined by a great flood, where he and many others had lost their homes and families.

It didn't really help that Red had decided to take care of him... not that Red wasn't good at being sure he was alright, it was just that Red didn't have a very good reputation- at all. Making others treat him oddly at times.

He shook himself, he didn't want to think about it anymore, it just made him more upset the more he thought about it.

He looked up to the skies again, trying to see if any of the pink clouds were shaped like any funny things, like a moth or a weird tree. He then looked around when he heard the sound of wings beating nearby and smiled; Red had finally showed up to take him home!

"Mr. Red!" Usol beamed as he hopped off of the swingset, grabbing his bookbag as he ran to him.

Red gave a small smile as he pat Usol on the head, "Sorry for taking long, my wings ached and I had to rest." Usol let Red hold onto his bag for him, it was staring to make his shoulder ache a bit.

"Were things alright today?"

Usol nodded, "Yeah, it was alright." He nudged a pebble with his foot.

"You sure? ...Nobody picking on you too much?" He asked sternly.

Usol nodded again, nobody had really picked on him that day- mainly because of how scared they were of Red the last time they saw him.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"Good." Red turned, walking a few feet away from the playground to take off. "Ready to go home?"

"Yeah! I'm ready!" Usol hopped up as he followed Red, spreading his wings a bit.

Red rocketed off into the skies first, leaving a powerful burst of wind behind him, knocking Usol off of his feet.

Red peered down, "Hm? You alright?" Usol laughed as he got up to his feet, "I'm okay, I'm okay..." He shook his head, a bit dizzy. "I'm comin'!"

Usol spread his own wings, fluttering up to where Red was. He'd tried copying how Red darted off into the air before, but could never really do it right.

"Sorry for making you fall..." Red apologized, scratching the side of his head as he glanced away.

"It's okay, I fall all the time." Red pat him on the head.

"As long as you're alright." Red looked over in the direction of the mountain they lived in.

He then smiled to himself- he had an idea.

"Hey kiddo?" Red sounded a bit cheerful.

"Hm?" Usol tried flying a bit faster, "Yeah?"

Red smiled. "First one home gets more game time!" He laughed as he darted off toward the mountain.

"Wh- hey!" Usol shouted as he took off after him, "That's not fair! Your wings are bigger than mine."

"Wonder what game I could play first..." Red teased as he slowed down, letting Usol get far ahead of him.

Both of them laughed to themselves as the race continued.