-Midnight Worries-

The songs and lullabies of the insect kaiju echoed throughout the night as all other creatures of Zenith slept peacefully, the gentle breeze and cool air of the summer night making all who slept never want to leave the warmth and comfort of their beds. Or so it seemed.

As usual, Red had somehow wound up wrapped in a sort of cocoon of warmth as he had hogged all of the blankets as he slept, his tail brushing from side to side as he subconsciously reached his arms out for Solomon and pulled him close. Just feeling Solomon nearby calmed Red and lifted his spirits just a bit, making his dreams more relaxing as he'd fall deeper into a peaceful sleep.

But Solomon usually didn't feel so... small and not very soft... The Hellbeast opened his tired eyes to see that Solomon wasn't there with him- or anywhere in the room for that matter. He pushed away the pillow he had grabbed as he got out of the bed, starting to search about for his partner, wondering where he went.

He scurried into the kitchen thinking that Solomon may have gotten up to get a snack, but saw no signs of him recently being there, none of the cabinets were left open, no wrappers were left on the floor, and nothing was left out of its usual spot. He headed over to the living room next, which was right by the kitchen. He saw no signs of Solomon going in there, either. Neither the TV nor any of the consoles were powered on- Red found himself wondering what kinds of games he could possibly make ROM hacks of that anyone he knew would enjoy, before shaking those thoughts from his mind.

As he continued his search, he stopped on his way down the hall, and gently creaked open the door to Usol's room to check in on the kid- nothing was out of place as Usol slept peacefully, wrapped up in blankets as he clutched onto a stuffed dog with one arm- Red smiled to himself upon seeing that Usol was alright and continued on.

He looked in his arts and crafts room where he had created and stored a plethora of paintings, sculptures, and small crafts he had made over the years. He simply looked around the room and continued on, trying not to let himself get distracted looking at all of his masterpieces as he kept looking through his home- he was slowly worrying more and more.

He made his way to the basement, honestly doubting that Solomon would ever go down there. He just glanced in the storage room that was full of nothing but boxes and things he had to sell away at some point. As expected, he wasn't in there, nor the death-filled room where he kept the bones of those he had killed. Solomon would have no reason to go in there, keeping the room tightly locked.

He made his way back to the staircase and stopped to glance as the other locked room- where he kept the weapons he had to return to Hell at some point. He then shook his head, Sol had no reason to go there, either, or anywhere in the basement. He wasn't into dusty old things or deadly weapons or killing anyone, so he continued on.

Where had Solomon gone?

Red tried his hardest not to let himself not to worry too much as he paced around the living room a bit as thoughts raced through his mind. He had looked through practically every room in the cave, and still couldn't find Solomon anywhere, but- he suddenly had an idea.

Maybe he went out somewhere.

In a burst of Hellfire, Red went into his flying form as he made his way to the entrance of the cave. He stopped and stared out into the night as he stood just outside the entrance, taking in the feeling of the cool and calming breeze along with the sight of the light red and pink grass moving with the breeze and the calm night sky dabbled with stars. The peaceful sight put him at ease some more.

He looked back into the cave for a moment, hesitant to leave. Would Usol be alright on his own for a bit? Sure, he'd probably be alright, but what if someone tried to harm the kid while he was away? He could go and get Acacius, but it would be too much of a hassle to go get and wake him up. He was sure that Usol would be somewhat alright while he out searching for his partner.