-Snowy Island-

The air had begun to get colder, as did the ground and everything else, making every monster on the island that had no way to warm themselves waking up shivering. It was so cold in Anguirus' cave that you'd think he was sleeping in a glacier.

"Uuggghh... wh- how'd it get so- so cold in one night..?!" Anguirus shivered, still waking up, quickly getting up from the cold ground. The air was even colder than the ground. That was when Anguirus knew he'd have a very long day ahead of him.

"Oh man..."

He stepped outside his cave, still shivering, and looked up to the skies. Grey clouds covered the sun as snowflakes fell gently to the ground. There was just a layer of frost over the grass so far, but soon, they might have a bit of snow- which, despite the cold, excited Anguirus. Snow was always fun to mess around in, especially with Godzilla when they'd get into snowball fights and try to see who could build the biggest monster out of snow first.

He especially loved burying himself beneath the snow, and then pop out when he heard someone nearby and scare them. That was always fun.

To get around the island as fast as he could while also staying warm, he curled himself up into a ball and tumbled all the way down the hills his cave sat on, trying to get to the beach as soon as possible. All of the monsters would gather there nearly every morning, and today was no exception.

Anguirus came to a stop once he felt the cold and somewhat soft sand beneath him, landing on his feet as he uncurled his body- only to come face to face with none other than Godzilla himself!

"Oh!- Heya Goji!" Anguirus chuckled out is surprise, stepping back a bit. "How're you doing?"

Godzilla chuckled back, "Ah, I'm doing fine. My scales are freezing out here, though..." He shuddered, "The water's even colder than it is on land, bbbrrr..."

Anguirus felt bad for him, he couldn't imagine how cold he was. He stood up on his hind legs and gave him a big hug, hoping that it would warm him up, "There, there... Don't worry, I'm here..." Godzilla gave him a gentle smile and wrapped an arm over his shoulder, hugging back. It warmed him up a bit.

"Aw, thanks buddy." Anguirus smiled at this.

The other monsters on the beach weren't as lucky, though...

Titanosaurus' cries echoed through the air, the poor monster's fins were frozen solid, causing him to struggle to get out of the waters. Gezora was frozen solid, unable to do anything as the waves pushed him in any direction they pleased, forcing Rodan to drag him to the shore so he didn't get washed away into unfamiliar areas.

Ebirah, much like Gezora, was frozen solid as well, hoping that the waves would somehow push him onto the shore. Manda, despite the icy waters almost killing him, rushed over to Ebirah, wrapping part of his tail around one of the lobster's claws before barely managing to drag both of them to the shore. Both of them collapsed on the beach afterwards.

"Manda!" Godzilla pulled out of Anguirus' hug and rushed over to the serpant, scooping him up in his arms as he kept shivering. He looked to be on the brink of death. He quickly looked around, spotting a cave nearby, he glanced at Anguirus. "Angy, go get Baragon! Tell him we need his help keeping everyone warm, hurry!"

Anguirus quickly nodded before running off to find him. Rodan and Baragon were the only two monsters on the island with the ability to breathe fire, so their ability came in clutch when winter rolled around every year. Rodan helped lead all of the ocean monsters -along with Varan, who couldn't stand the cold, either- to the nearby cave, keeping them company as Godzilla went to collect wood for a fire.

Baragon slept in his little home that he had dug into the ground, a plethora of caves leading to various parts of the island connected to it. He had kept the place nice and warm for himself with a small campfire he had started up. He stared off into the embers of the fire as he slowly felt himself drifting into a peaceful sleep...