-(Zachary x Melissa drabble)-

"Zach, it's alright... It's alright..." Zachary's vision cleared, seeing Melissa was holding him close in her arms, his head and legs and shoulder ached like Hell. "You're okay... I'm here."

"Huh..? wh...?" He looked around a bit. Through somewhat blurred vision he could see that they were at the bottom of a brick stairwell near a large park. Ah, right. he had lost his reservation to the restaurant there and... they were leaving, right..?

He tried to get up, but she stopped him. "No, don't." He let himself relax in her arms a bit, he tensed up when she got up on her feet, now carrying him in her arms. Zach felt his face get warmer at this, a bit embarrassed as he glanced away. "D-Don't worry, I've got you." She smiled, making Zach go back to his somewhat relaxed state as she began walking.

He was slipping in and out of consciousness, as his head was still spinning. One moment they were at the park, then they were suddenly going past small shops, then some buildings he had recognized. "Where are we going?" He asked after a while. He had woken up fearing he had been abducted for a split second.

"Back to your apartment." She simply responded, "Where else?"

He didn't respond to that, instead asking another question. "What happened..? I thought we were going somewhere..."

She looked at him with a somewhat pained expression, "Ah. You accidently twisted your ankle walking down the stairs and fell down almost the whole flight..."

"Did you try to catch me?"

"Yeah, I did! But only when you had fallen most of the way."

"Oh..."

Zachary had noticed some people giving them odd glances and some chuckling a bit as Melissa carried him through a block and around a corner.

"Something wrong?" Melissa asked, glancing down at him.

"Nothing, nothing..." He tried to brush it off.

"You sure...?" She questioned. "You've been saying that all afternoon."

He looked down to the ground, not exactly wanting to talk about it.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Zachary didn't say or do anything for a while after that, she understood if he didn't want to discuss it.

When he finally came to again, he found himself laying on the couch in his living room with a blanket draped over him. He sat up, groaning Dammit, could anything go at least somewhat right today? He stopped when he saw Melissa sitting on the floor, right by him as she watched cartoons with a silly grin on her face. He didn't really understand why, but just seeing her happy made him happy as well.

"Uh... H-Hey."

She flinched before she turned around, "Oh! oh... you're awake? Sorry, you scared me." She chuckled.

"Sorry about that."

"It's alright." She relaxed again, leaning against the couch as she turned back to the TV.

Zachary nervously waited a bit before asking, "So... You find anything interesting on there?"

"Hm?"

"The TV." He clarified. "Find anything you like? There's over a hundred channels."

"Hm... I found the news channels.. those were boring. A found a show my grandma might've liked, and some drama shows..."

"You're not interested in any of that?"

She shook her head, "No, not really." She smiled at the TV as her voice softened. "I just like cartoons more. It just... makes me feel like a kid again... it's nice."

"...Yeah... it is nice."

They both sat in silence for a long while, just watching whatever show was currently playing on TV, occasionally chuckling at a joke or two.

Melissa finally broke the near silence, "Hey Zach?"

"Yeah?"

"This might sound silly, but...Why do you think shows for adults and such are so boring?"

Zachary stopped to think for a moment. "It's okay if you don't want to answer." She assured.

"I'm guessing it's because as a person gets older, they're expected to act and dress and have everything else a certain way. Adults around them just seem to think once you get older you can't really be... I don't know... childish?" He the shrugged, "I don't really know, I'm just guessing."

"Hm... then... what makes a person more... 'adult'?"

"I don't really know. Why are you asking?"

She shrugged, "I... don't know. I was just wondering. I've never really felt older. Yeah, I've grown. But... I haven't felt older..."

Zachary didn't really know what to say or how to react to this, just patting the spot on the couch beside him, where Melissa got up and sat with him- resting her head on his shoulder.

"...I don't want to talk about it anymore..." She mumbled, her trembling stopped once Zach pulled her in for a hug. She held onto him, tightly. As if she never wanted to let go of him.

"Hey, listen to me." She pulled out of the hug a bit and looked up at him. He hesitated for a second,"I... I'll always love you... and... I appreciate you trying to look after me when I'm a mess around you..." They both chuckled a bit and Melissa hugged him again, tighter.

She then pulled away a bit, "I love you too, silly. It's okay if you're a bit of a mess- just be more careful, okay?"

"I'll try." Zachary smiled, "Just that... I get nervous and-"

"Your brain blanks and you don't know what to do?"

"Yeah..."

She chuckled, ruffling his hair, "It's okay, I love you even if you don't know what to do."

"...Thanks..." He looked saddened for a moment.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry that nothing really went as planned today... I'm sorry you had to worry-"

"It's alright, not everything goes the way you expect it... Besides, I don't mind just being with you like this. It's nice."

This made Zachary smile. He didn't have to go and do anything fancy to just have a nice afternoon with her- they could just sit and talk and laugh for hours, and just enjoy themselves and each other's company.

"Thanks..."

She pulledhim into another warm hug, "No problem."