-The Graveyard-

The graveyard; where the souls of the truly dead rest until the end of time. In the center of it, is a chapel, where Melissa, the one some simply called 'the Angel' watched over the dead that rested.
She'd look around the unchanging field, at all of the gravestones with names clumsily carved into them, at the glowing flowers that had begun to bloom around every single grave, at the tall metal fence that surrounded the yard.

There wasn't much she could do there, except to stare at the night sky, full of many shades of purple and pink, thousands of tiny stars spread throughout along with the company of the full moon, which faintly glowed throughout the night.
She refused to look directly at the moon for more than a few seconds. Something about the moon unsettled her, it always felt like multiple eyes were staring down at her whenever she looked at it.

But she had sometimes found herself crying whenever she looked at the moon. She missed the life that she once lived, she missed her parents and her cousins, aunts and uncles, her grandmother who'd all loved her with all their hearts.
She missed the few friends she had who'd mess around with her and made her laugh during the boring hours of school.
She missed the smaller things like going out for walks through the park or talking to the nice old man who lived next door who'd share stories of when he was a kid.
She missed... she sometimes found herself missing Zachary... just being around him or staying up telling jokes... watching movies and cartoons... listening to him happily ramble about his favorite shows he found on the TV at home... stargazing in the field not too far from the park where...

The angel hadn't noticed, but tears had started to well up in her eyes as a familiar aching feeling rose in her throat. She tightly shut her eyes, "Don't think about it... Don't think about it..." She muttered to herself. She knew there was nothing she could do about her death, nothing she could do to reverse it, to bring herself back to life, to undo all of the hurt her death had caused in everyone who had ever loved her. And even if she could...

She... didn't know if she'd want to reverse it. Would she?
Undo all of the pain, all of the trauma, all of the grief her death brought on her friends and family and... Zachary. Poor poor Zachary, he watched her die right in front of him, he watched her get run over and reduced into a bloody and gorey mess. He lived with that horrifying memory haunting his mind ever since that night, struggling to sleep at night and cope with the memory.

And only a while ago did he overcome the traumatic memory of that night, thanks to Red, in a sense. According to Zach, he'd gotten it from his friend Billy, who got it from a person he usually got games from. Zach played through the game, thinking it was normal at first, but as he got further into the game, the more he realized that the game wasn't normal at all.

Red had taken Zachary's most painful memory, and had forced him to confront it in the game. Zachary could've stopped playing, but his sheer curiosity kept playing through each level, fighting each boss, pushing forward until he made it to the end, to Red. And when he made it to the end, she helped him when Red thought that the game was all over.
She gave him Acacius, and Red was soon no more.
In a twisted way, the game had helped Zach confront that memory, helped him heal from it.

She sighed, and glanced up at the starry skies, shades of purple, pink, and blue lit up the sky with the stars.
There was nothing she could really do about her death. But there was one thing she could do- move on from it in the Afterlife. Well, more like in the world of the game... but still. She could find a new life somewhere in the game, somewhere in the vast plane of existence... somewhere in the graveyard.
But still, she refused to look at the moon for too long.