Chapter 12-- Thoughts

Sandra Diggs....

I'm sorry I had to hurt him but I can't lie to Kaleb. It's almost two days since I last talked to Kaleb and saw Fabian. Either way, I don't care, I have to think things through. It was Friday, I was walking down to my lunch when I saw Laney. She was writing and she had four books next to her, I wiggled my nose. I'm probably going to get sick, it's not even that cold outside today but I think I am. I walked towards her, I saw she had headphones on.

Laney reminds me of Lina before she grew balls, Laney is very shy and has no confidence to do anything. She's always hiding under those big sweaters, she's always hiding her face, she doesn't talk much, and she is pretty much a loner. Just like Lina. Laney let's others talk bad about her, it looks like it doesn't affect her in any way. I would beat the craps out of those people if they talked bad about me, I sat down across from her.

I just looked at her until she finally noticed me, I smiled when she slightly jumped. I only have like one or two classes with her, she's very smart for a fifteen year old. I mean, she's fifteen and she's in Senior classes. Pretty smart kid. Her eyes look tired, I noticed a small cut on her lower lip and her lips were chapped. She licked her lips, repeatedly, I arched a brow.

"Hi Laney, remember me?"

Laney blushed a dark shades of red, she look embarrassed. "Sandra, my name is Sandra." I smiled, her small lips formed an 'O'. She muttered something, I waited for her to say something but instead she quickly went back to reading. I don't read much, not my thing but I can learn something. "What book are you reading?"

She raised her head up, I had my hands cupped together and I waited for her to answer. She gulped, nervously. "Edgar Allan Poe, he's a p-poet." I raised a brow, never heard of him. I lend out my hand, she slowly let her book go. She looked anxious, she must really love her books.

"True! --nervous --very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? The disease had sharpened my senses --not destroyed --not dulled them. Above all was the sense of hearing acute. I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How, then, am I mad? Hearken! and observe how healthily --how calmly I can tell you the whole story.
It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain; but once conceived, it haunted me day and night. Object there was none. Passion there was none. I loved the old man. He had never wronged me. He had never given me insult. For his gold I had no desire. I think it was his eye! yes, it was this! He had the eye of a vulture --a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold; and so by degrees --very gradually --I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye forever.
Now this is the point. You fancy me mad. Madmen know nothing. But you should have seen me. You should have seen how wisely I proceeded --with what caution --with what foresight --with what dissimulation I went to work! I was never kinder to the old man than during the whole week before I killed him. And every night, about midnight, I turned the latch of his door and opened it -"

I stopped.

"A tell-tale heart? I should read it more." I smiled, Laney blushed. I gave her back the book, she looked nervous. I heard the bell ring, I got up and noticed that Laney just sat there with her books. I bit the inside of my cheek, hmm... She's skinny, a little bit more skinnier than Lina...

"Aren't you going to eat?" She shook her head, taking out an Apple. She ate an Apple last time, is this kid anorexic?

"Come, eat with me and my friends. You'll like them."

"I-I'm sorry, I h-have to study." She said,I crossed my arms. "Laney, you're way too skinny. You should eat, come please." She look defeated, she nodded. She put all her books in her backpack except the Edgar Allan Poe book, she held on it, tightly might I said. I smiled, triumphantly, she's just a kid.

  We met Max, Lina, Sam and Jona in our table as always. Sam was talking to Jona, they must be working out their problem. Lina was a seat away from Max, she look pissed off at him. Thankfully, there was a seat next to mine where Laney could sit. We sat down and Lina smiled at Laney, Laney just looked shy and scared.

"Hi! I'm Katalina but you can call me Lina... Or Kat." Max glared at her, we knew that he hated that name because of Kaleb. Lina rolled her eyes but kept smiling, I noticed she was doing her best to not burst out of anger. "I'm Sam." Sam smirked, waving at her really quick. "Hi! I'm Jona." Jona was his usual self, happy all the time. Laney smiled, "Hi, I'm Laney."

"Awh, what a cute name! How old are you?" Jona asked, his blue eyes shined and I immediately saw jealousy in Sam's eyes. "Fifteen but I'm in Senior classes."

"Damn, she's smarter than me... Right Ma- Sandra?" I nodded. Max ran his fingers through his hair, frustrated and anger. Something must of happen, I'll ask her later.

    "Wanna go get something?" She shook her head but her stomach said otherwise, she blushed. We got up and got our lunches. Laney got an another apple, salad and juice while I got the spaghetti and mixed fruit, some of the food here was good. We sat down, I noticed that Kaleb was sitting the seat next to Lina, he was telling her something. I also saw Max gripping his juice, he looked like he was going to explode of anger. He hated the fact that Lina talked to guys, he's always going to be that possessive guy. We sat down, I noticed Laney with her head down. She bit her Apple, it was a tiny bite, she takes her time to eat.

"Awh, you eat like a little mice." Lina gushed in her sweet high voice, since she sings it came out like a melody. I smiled, Jona laughed and Laney just blushed.

"Are you new?" Kaleb asked, I rolled my eyes. She's been here for a couple of weeks now, Laney just hid even more and nodded. "No, she's been here for a couple of weeks, idiot." Jona said, "I've seen her around, damn idiot." I snorted, Kaleb rolled his eyes. Sam sent him a death glare, he hated Kaleb for some reason, I dunno.

We talked about random things, Max talked to Laney and Laney looked comfort talking to him. She said some few things to him, he look intrigued of the way she talked. I don't know much what they were talking, Lina was talking to me, Sam, Jona, and Kaleb. We laughed at some things, I turned to see Max nodding at something Laney said. I tried to listen, she talked very low. "You remind me of the guy I saw two days ago, he acts just you." She said, Fabian? She met Fabian? A streak of jealous hit me, I closed my eyes. I have to ignore this feeling as long as I can, I smiled at Sam.

"Is something wrong?" Sam mouthed, I shook my head and laughed at Jona's stupid comment. "You look like a disgust piece of sh*t, you piece of sh*t!" He yelled at this guy, we hate him because he thinks he so tough. The guy said commented back, "f*ggot!"

"At least I get more bitches than you can!"

Everyone began to laugh, it was true, Jona seduces every guy and girl out here. The guy didn't say anything and left the cafe, I laughed at Sam as he look embarrassed. Jona was a handful sometimes, Jona just had his instincts of making of everyone.

The bell ranged, we all threw our good away and went to our classes.  Laney walked away from us but soon Jona grabbed her by the hand, "you're with us now." Laney shook her head, she smiled at us sadly. "I'm sorry, I can't have friends." With that she walked away, sulking.

We just stood there, we were confused. What the hell?

*

*

*

Stupid thoughts, I hate them. They're so negative, my thoughts were drifting between Laney and Fabian. I had an urge to see Fabian but I really wanted to talk to Laney, she looked sad all day. She even hid from us when we were leaving school, she ran away. Think of Fabian, I snorted, no. I have to ignore this stupid feelings, I don't want to end up like those stupid girls that fall in love with him, I'm not that stupid. I shook my head as I walked into my house, gosh I have a huge headache.

I went to my room, I locked it and put my music loud. I just want to ignore everything- No people, no thoughts, nothing. Best way to ignore everyone is with music, great music.

****

I dunno when I last uploaded but I think I uploaded soon nuff, ehh. Next chapter will be done in who knows when, sorry not sorry.

Shout out to the Råvioli Hęąds!