Chapter 20-- Protection Those Who Don't Need It

Now we're back to FABIAN AND SANDRA!!! WHOOO! anyways...

Fabian Mente....

Sandra curled into a ball next to me, her arms were around me. My fingers brushed through her long black hair, she just hummed a song. Her finger traced my abs, she just look distracted. She usually has a witty comment to everything, something must be wrong. I don't want to ask her.

My thoughts drifted to Laney; she was hurt. Physical and Mentally. Something was wrong, I had to find out what, I saw a bruise on her neck again and a deep cut. She was tryin to hide, I don't want to scare her away but it is awful knowing something is wrong. "You have a scar going across your wrist... What happen?" I felt tense for a second but relaxed, I shrugged. "Rope, uh I was kidnapped when I was younger." I lied, she began to hum again. Suicide is the answer for you, Fabian. I just ignored it, I just looked down at Sandra. Why couldn't I feel free to talk about anything to her? Only to Laney, my phone began to ring. I answered to hear a yelling, I didn't catch what that person was saying but I heard panting.

"H-Hello Fabian." It was a scared voice, it was Laney's voice. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Y-yes, I-I... Got to go, I'm sorry." I heard yelling again, what the hell? I just looked at Sandra. She look confused which I was too, Laney never had called me before. We always end up seeing each other in the cliff, maybe I'll see her today. I smirked at Sandra which made her roll her eyes at me, she went back to tracing my abs and humming.

"What are you humming?" I asked, she smiled. "Disenchanted." She said, I brushed my hand against her pale skin.

I feel sorry for her.

Why?

She's dating a suicidal boy. F*ck you, I'm not suicidal. I closed my eyes, not falling asleep but just thinking. How old was I when I tried to hurt myself? I was twelve years old and I still failed after that. I'm stupid, I can't do that because I have someone to take care of.

   My thoughts again went to Laney... She's hurt, she fell in love with that b*tch of Kaleb. Why couldn't she fall in love with someone else? Someone besides that b*tch, he's going to hurt her and I don't want anything bad to happen to her.

It was around ten at night, Vixy was asleep and so was Sandra. Marcos' doesn't know we're dating but I think he's getting the idea, The Nerd hasn't said anything much to me ever since the masquerade party.

Sandra had her leg is over mine, she was hugging me tightly. I let out half a smile, she's perfect.

My phone began to ring again, I answered. "Hello."

"H-Hey." It was Laney, I immediately moved Sandra away so I could leave the room. I did it carefully, I didn't want to wake her up. "Hey, is something wrong?"

"Can w-we see each other?"

"Uh sure, I'll go to you-"

"No, wait for me a block away from my house. I need to talk to you." She whispered, I hanged up and got some pants. As soon as I could, I got my keys and walked out of the house.

It took me thirty minutes to get to where she lived by then she was waiting for me, she had a big jacket and pants. She was wearing the shoes I bought her, I couldn't see her face because her hoodie was covering it. I had a bad feeling about this, I didn't know what to do. Vixy never cries so I never have to comfort her, I can't even comfort Sandra before we were dating so I don't know if I'm going to be able to do that with Laney.

She got in the car without saying a word, she just looked down at her lap. I noticed fresh blood on her hoodie, I frowned.

  "Laney-"