37: Meeting with His Highness

Reina

"You-You killed him!", The young woman inside the carriage stammered, staring unblinkingly at my dagger soaked in blood.

"Otherwise, he would have killed us.", I shrugged.

"Who-Who are you?"

"Introductions will come later. Stay inside the carriage. Do not come outside.", I ordered. She retracted back to the carriage, looking shocked.

One of the robbers came running and he stilled in his position when he saw the dead body of his friend. Another four followed him. They were all gigantic and muscular.

They stared at the dead body of their partner and me, looking confused. They really couldn't believe that a woman could kill a man. But the dagger that I was holding proved to be a good evidence.

"That's the bitch who killed him!", One pointed at me angrily.

"Did you have a drink today or what?", His companion scoffed. "How can that thing kill him?"

"Quite something. Don't ye think?", Another one added leering at me. "We can perhaps sell her to some brothe---", Before he could finish his sentence, I launched  two sharp pins which were hidden beneath my sleeves at him. The sharp pins that were aimed at his neck immediately had their effect as he fell down on the ground, bleeding.

Two gone. Four more to go.

They had clearly underestimated me despite the fact that I had killed their partner.

Wrong move.

One should never underestimate his or her opponent. Always be prepared for any surprise.

To rejoice an early victory is to rejoice your loss.

The others finally became alert. But one of them arrogantly chuckled. "Oh well, we are going to have some fun."

"Go.", He ordered his partner. He was clearly the leader of the group as the man did his bidding and strode towards me.

He reached for me and launched the sword at me. I dodged it and immediately, stabbed him with the help of my dagger.

He dropped down dead on the ground. The others looked at me wide eyed.

"Any more fun you want to have?", I asked, arching my brow.

Enraged, they started coming for me one after another. One by one, they all dropped down dead. At one point, they seemed to have finally grown a brain and decided to attack together. Years of sword practise had made this task a piece of cake. I slammed my dagger at the second last man's stomach.

The last guy who was their leader suddenly launched his knife towards me. I dodged quickly but still, the knife pierced my arm.

I let go of the dagger and the dead man and whirled around.

I took out the sharp hair pin inserted in my hair and rammed it right on the  leader's neck.

I watched coldly as he lost his life right in front of me.

Finally, the coast was clear. All the men were dead on the ground.

Suddenly, my ears heard light footsteps. They were stealthy and cautious and right after, I felt a presence behind me.

Immediately, I turned around and my eyes locked with dark brown ones. Looks like not everyone is dead.

I clutched his collar and was about to stab him with my sharp hairpin when his hand grabbed mine immediately.