12: The Girl with Sparks

Jungkook

"What happened to you? Why have you been zoning out?", Taehyung snapped me out of my thoughts as he clanked his champagne flute with mine.

I hadn't touched it since it had been brought. I couldn't really handle drinks well. Two glasses and I was out of it. The next morning I would have a throbbing hangover and I hated that.

But before I could think over my actions, I sipped down the champagne in one gulp. I needed that.

I needed that to forget.

To forget her.

To forget that woman with those electrifying sparks.

"Nothing.", I shrugged, though I knew that Taehyung didn't buy it.

"Woah. You chugged down the whole glass. That's a first.", Taehyung said. "Having a rough day?"

Nah, bro, I am having a sparkful day.

If I told him that I was trying to find an unknown stranger whose touch sparked my whole body, he would say that I have gotten batshit crazy.

Or he would even taunt my book-loving nature and say that I have been too engrossed in sappy romantic novels and I am imagining things.

Sparks. Does it even happen in real life? Unless she carries some kind of electricity with her every time we meet.

The first time we met, she was hidden behind a mask. The second time we met, she was hidden behind a mask.

And I desperately wanted to find this stranger whom I had met just two times, who was always behind a mask every time we met.

It was as if the universe was trying to bring us together and was separating us at the same time.

Yup, I was definitely going crazy.

I sighed as I remembered the events earlier.

I was sitting at one corner of the large hall, counting the number of candles. Boring, I know. But I had nothing else to do.

I had already met the minister and he thanked me for like a hundredth time, until I could finally escape out of his clutch.

I shouldn't be distracted. I was counting the candles for the fifth time now, for heaven's sake.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10- Shoo

I paused for a while. I was trying to see how many candles there were behind a woman who was conversing with her friend.