2: Proof

"What?! She already fired an employee?!", A shocked voice asked.

"Jesus, she hasn't been in the company for more than 10 minutes and has already fired a staff.", Another voice added.

Around 40 staffs were seated around a long table. The board of directors were also present for the meeting today. They patiently waited for her to arrive as they gossiped among each other.

After a while, finally, the glass door slid open and Kiara walked inside the room. Everyone stood up from their seat as a sign of respect towards her.

"Good afternoon, please have your seats, everyone.", She said in a composed manner.

Silence settled down in the conference hall as she stood at the head of the table.

"Thank you for assembling here to meet me for an important announcement though it was a short notice.", She began to speak.

The woman in front of them held a frosty gaze and her moves were classy and smooth. She spoke eloquently and articulately. Her  hair was tied up in an updo with the strands framing her face. Her sharp hazel eyes looked like they could unfurl the secrets behind each and everyone, assessing their each and every moves. Her demeanor described nothing other than classy, sharp and cold.

That's why one couldn't help but feel their heart become cold out of fear when her gaze was on them.

"Miss Kiara, the copy of the documents.", Her secretary, Coral, handed the files to her.

She nodded and took them.

"We are certainly curious to hear about this announcement.", A person said.

Everyone listened attentively.

"I have discussed about this many times with my father, the president of The Kim Industries and we have reached to a conclusion that he is going to let me take over the main company here as the Vice-President. My father will not be attending meetings other than some which are extremely crucial and all the other executive tasks are to be handled by me. Regarding the branch in the US, my cousin brother Kyle will be handling things there. I look forward to working with everyone. I hope you will live upto my expectations."

Everyone's eyes widened. Everything being inspected  by her  every two months was one thing. But everyday...that would be hell!

The head manager forced a smile and said, "We warmly welcome Miss Kiara. Our company will certainly soar to new heights under your guidance."

"Thank you, Mr Choi.", Kiara told. Before she could speak anything more, an older director butted in.

"I am afraid that we might encounter some problems, Miss Kiara.", He said.

"And why is that, Mr Zhang?", She said nonchalantly.

She knew that the older shareholders and some members from the board of directors won't be too keen on letting her take over the company since they had their own rigid values and opinions. But she needed to put up with them.

"You are too young to handle a company.", He said while stroking his beard.

"Mr Zhang, I believe in my capabilities. I have perfectly managed our branch in the States before. The result is crystal clear for you to see. What makes you think that I can't handle this company?"