50: Five Days

At the dead of the night inside the palace of Ulsan, there were three figures, still awake, murmuring in hushed whispers.

The King of Ulsan was sprawled on a sofa, observing the royal priest in front of him who was shivering slightly because of the cold stares he was receiving by the King and his adviser who was standing by his side.

The royal priest's hands fumbled with the birth charts that had been presented to him.

"You need to find the nearest suitable date for the wedding.", The King repeated.

"Yes, Your Majesty.", The priest replied solemnly.

After a few moments more, suddenly, he dropped the charts, his hands shaking and his face growing deathly pale.

"This-This----", He stammered, looking at the charts with bewildered eyes.

"What happened?", The King barked. The adviser raised his eyebrow, looking alert.

"Y-Your Majesty! Don't go through this wedding! I beg you, Your Majesty!"

"What nonsense are you spouting?!", The King hissed. "This marriage is extremely important!"

"Your Majesty, this marriage will bring devastating sorrow and grief. I see the signs of the stars. Not only are the two individuals not compatible with each other, but I see a very powerful force standing between them. An aura so strong that it can even-can even destroy the sun. I can only see destruction, tears and blood, Your Majesty. This marriage shouldn't happen."

"Destroy the sun? What do you mean by that?", The King's eyes hardened.

"You are the descent of the sun, Your Majesty.", The priest bowed. "You are wise. You must know."

"What?", The King glared at him. "Read everything once again. I bet you made some mistake."

"Your Majesty, no. I studied the charts thrice. I was also shocked by the placements."

The King's face creased with worry. "If what the royal priest is saying is true, then what shall we do?"

"We have already come this far, Your Majesty. We cannot give up now.", The adviser said. "Besides, there must be some rites and rituals that we can follow in order to remove the threat in your life."

"You are right. We can't let a simple threat deter us. Not when my victory is this close."

"Royal Priest.", The adviser called him.

"Y-Yes, my lord?"

"You won't mention this matter to anyone ever again. You never saw anything. Do you understand?"

The adviser's cold gaze landed on the priest. He gulped. "Y-Yes, my lord."

"This.", He took out papers, which were hidden underneath his clothes  and handed them to the priest. The priest took them with trembling hands.

The King stared at him. "What are these?"

"As the birth charts show, Mayla and General Jeon aren't compatible with each other at all. I just wondered how it would be like for lady Reina. These are her birth charts."