45: Me Before You

Reina

My eyes fluttered open the next morning. Jungkook's arms were wrapped around my body and my head was rested on his chest. He was still sleeping and his soft breath was tickling my neck.

I lifted my head up. My eyes caught the sight of his beautiful face. The small mole below his lower lip, the scar on his cheek, his sharp jawline, soft hair that just made you want to run your hand through those silky waves. He was ethereal. How can a human being be so perfect?

"Mmmm. How long are you going to stare at me, love?", His raspy morning voice filled my ears.

Damn, he caught me.

"When did you wake up? You didn't even open your eyes."

"A soldier can't sleep with both his eyes closed.", He replied. "I have to be alert.", He grinned.

The corners of my lips turned up into a smile, watching his adorable grin. It was crazy how he could simply make me smile without even doing anything.

"You look beautiful.", He whispered and placed a soft kiss on my nose. My insides fluttered with butterflies.

"General, don't you think it's too early to be romantic?", I raised my eyebrow.

"Never too early to compliment you, love.", He chuckled.

We left the cave after some minutes. The whole path was wet and slippery because of the rain yesterday. When we reached our camping grounds, the entire place was in commotion.

"Look! They are here!"; The Princess of Busan, Luna was the first one to announce our arrival. She had several soldiers guarding her. Eyes turned towards us.

She hastened towards me. "You are injured!"

I nodded.

"We found dead men in the middle of the forest. They were killed. Were they related to you?"

"They were out to kill her. She was injured by them.", Jungkook answered.

"Oh god. I wonder who was behind that. Everyone is panicking and wishes to leave at once. His Majesty has already announced that we are going to leave. The guards have been breathing down my neck. I can't even move an inch!"

I laughed while Luna grumbled.

"But come on, let's treat your wound first. That won't be enough.", She gestured towards the handkerchief that Jungkook had wrapped on my arm.

Luna started walking towards the healer's tent and I began to follow her. I turned around to look at Jungkook and found that he was gazing at me. A smile formed on my lips and an adorable smile took over his face as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Soldiers! Assemble!", His hard command was the last thing I heard before I slipped inside the healer's tent.

***

Jungkook

"What are you implying, Madam Han?", Waves of anger coursed through my veins.

"Your fiancée is trouble. We have never had these attacks and problems during our festivals before. But the first time she steps into our country, she has created a ruckus!", She said haughtily. The others agreed, nodding their head solemnly.

I felt an urge to punch someone. Most preferably her. But my morals prevented me from hurting any woman.

Thank god, Reina was back at her tent, sleeping after getting patched up by the healer and didn't have to listen to these nonsense these people were spouting.