1: Prologue

"Hand over the phone.", A chill voice of a woman rang in the dead of the night. "Now."

She slowly sipped the champagne from the champagne flute as she waited patiently for a response.

"He doesn't want to speak. . . to you. . .", The person on the other line spoke hesitantly.

"Kyle.", She called him. No reply.

"I know that you are listening to this conversation right now. I don't care about anything else. You are going to be managing the company in the states from now onwards. If you are not going to work in the office starting from tomorrow, I will return back to the states and the consequences won't be favorable. For now, Cara, freeze all of his credit cards."

"Sister! Please no!", Finally Kyle's panicked voice came on the line.

"I have had enough of you fooling around. You need to grow up.", She said sternly.

"Alright, fine. I will. I will go to the company, I promise.", The boy replied obediently.

"No any tantrums now?"

"Are. . . you still going to freeze. . .my credit cards?"

"You have wasted half an hour of mine. For the next month, Cara will freeze your credit cards. Don't disappoint me, Kyle. If I hear you neglecting work from now onwards, I am going to freeze them forever."

"Please don't.", He whined.

"Then, you have to earn yourself."

"I am still so young to manage a company."

"You are already 21 years old. Age isn't a barrier, Kyle. Cara is there to guide you. I know that you will do a good job. You have the potential. It's just that you get too lazy."

"Just return back to the US already."

"I won't be able to return this time. I will still come back once in a while but now, I have to focus here. Be good, Kyle."

"Okay. Bye."

She hung up the phone and she stared at her champagne flute for some more time before sipping it completely.

"I am finally back.", She whispered.

*****

The sound of the people typing hastily on their keyboards prevailed in the large room. Some people were in a queue near the printing machine to print out papers. Some were using the coffee machine for a quick hot sip to relieve their headaches as they constantly checked their watch.