11: The Stranger with Sparks

"Minister of culture, himself appears in the Kim Industries to meet its heiress, Kim Kiara."

"Kim Kiara, who is she? An intelligent woman or just a vain rich heiress?"

"The minister's humility is remarkable considering he showed up to invite Kim Kiara in person for a good cause."

"Kim Kiara...the minister...Hmm, that's good....ofcourse an intelligent woman, bitch....humility......heiress...hmm...Great."

I skimmed through the pages of the tabloid hurriedly. The reaction was according to my expectation. Mostly, the minister's humility had been praised. Surprisingly, there hadn't been much negative news regarding me...so that was good.

The ball was going to be held tomorrow. I started doing my work after that. After some time, my phone rang. The caller was my soon-to-be husband, Mr. Jeon Jungkook. I should add fake before the husband as well. We hadn't talked since our first meeting. So, I wondered why he had suddenly called me.

"Hey, husband. ", I greeted him with the perfect amount of cheerfulness. Not.

I heard him take a deep breath from the other line as if he was trying to keep himself in control of the situation. I would like to see him try.

"I am not your husband. ", He said.

"Soon-to-be. Even if you are gonna be a fake one, a husband is still a husband.", I drawled.

"Kiara.", He told. "I want to have a talk with you."

"Aren't you doing that right now?", I questioned.

He again took a deep breath. He really wanted to be calm. I chuckled. I was making things hard for him but I couldn't stop.  I just really liked pulling his leg.

"I want to talk to you about the wedding.", He said.

"What do you say, love?", I said. "How many guests? What kind of food? Cakes? Dress?"

"We won't be having such kind of wedding.", He told.

"Aww, that's bad. I was getting so excited.", I had already thought that he wouldn't want such kind of wedding since our marriage was going to be a fake one.

"I can see how excited you sound.", He told dryly. "Court marriage is enough. We can't have haggle-some weddings. Our marriage is going to be on paper only. So, there's no need for that. Do you have any problem with that?"

"No, I am perfectly fine with it. After these six months are over, I can't have your relatives up on my ass because of our divorce. It's better if very few people know about this marriage. ", I said.

"Then, I will have a talk with my lawyer soon and prepare the marriage license.", He told. "But my grandma might not fancy that idea."

"Why not?"

"She favors huge weddings and considering my title, she would want to throw a lavish wedding."