53: Blood on Hands

Jungkook

All the people from our side who had come to Ulsan for the wedding had been kept in another guest palace, a bit far from Ulsan's main palace. I was pacing around in my chamber, feeling restless. The wedding  was going to happen in a few hours and I didn't know what to do.

There was a sudden knock on the door.

"Enter."

"Your Highness.", A man stepped inside the room.

"What is it?", I asked reluctantly. They must be here to dress me up for the ceremony.

"I come bearing bad news, Your Highness."

"Who got into trouble now? Didn't I tell everyone not to pick fights with anyone here?", I snapped, getting irritated.

"It's not that, Your Highness."

"Then?"

"I feel disheartened to say this but your bride has run away, Your Highness."

"What?!",  I whirled around, shocked  but it was a good kind of shock. I almost couldn't hide the happiness that was threatening to slip off my voice. "What? Are you sure?"

Hearing the happiness in the lilt of my voice and surprisingly no misery, the messenger raised his eyebrow. "Yes, Your Highness.  But why do you sound so. . . .elated?"

 I immediately schooled my face into a blank expression.

"What do you mean she has run away?", I asked, making my voice gruffer so  that I really sounded distressed.

"She has eloped, Your Highness disrespecting you and Busan. His Majesty is having a meeting with the King of Ulsan as of right now."

"And why wasn't I informed about this sooner ?", I asked. "How long have they been having the meeting?"

"Around an hour, Your Highness."

"And you are coming to inform me right now ?! It's me who is getting married and I am the last one to be informed?!"

This meeting would have been my key to solve all the problems. God. I sighed.

"Your Highness, I-I had been ordered by His Majesty to inform you only after a while."

I paused. "Why?"

"I don't know, Your Highness."

"What is he planning? Hell. ", I barged out of the room.