57: I am Sorry

Jungkook

I was drowning.

Falling deeper and deeper.

I tried to flail my arms desperately, trying to rise up, to reach to that source of light just above the surface.

But I couldn't.

I was being pulled by an unknown force into a bottomless abyss.

There was a constant ringing in my ears and mixed words, voices that were too jumbled up for me to distinguish.

I was feeling a painful ache in my chest but I couldn't fathom the cause of it.

It felt painful. . .so painful. . .

And there was this word.

"Love."

I was calling out to someone.

Sometimes, whispering that word as if it were a prayer. Sometimes, mumbling it in awe. Sometimes, it was accompanied by an ache. And most of the times, murmuring it with so much, so much love. . . . that felt like it could fill up my entire mind, body, and soul. . .

The haze cleared up and I heard a soft voice.

"Forgive me for this. . .But I have to protect you from me."

Then, I felt warm lips on mine. So warm and so familiar. . .and there was this familiar scent. . .I tried to chase after it but as soon as I had felt the warmth on my lips, it was gone.

"Wake up soon, my love. . .I won't be here but you will be fine. . ."

An ache in my chest.

Don't go. Don't leave me.

A part of me was screaming wordlessly, frustration and fear pouring in.

Don't leave me. . .

......again.

That was the last thought before I slipped back into unconsciousness.

My head was hurting terribly. Blinking my blurry eyes open, I found myself lying on a hospital bed. I tried to touch my head since it was hurting so bad that it felt like a huge weight was crushing me. But then, I found that my arms were strapped to IV lines. I groaned, feeling awful.

"Your Highness!"

Someone came by my side. I saw the familiar face of Enzo.

"Your Highness! You finally woke up!", He said, brimming with joy. I tried to smile back but even that hurt right now. "Wait, I will call the doctor!"

He was gone in a blink and came with a doctor in a matter of seconds.

The doctor rushed towards me. "Your Highness."

"What-What happened?", I questioned, looking at Enzo. My throat felt so scratchy because of its lack of use.

"Don't you remember? You had an accident, Your Highness. You have been in a coma for two weeks."

Oh, yeah. That. I didn't remember much of the details before the accident. But I could feel that I was forgetting something.  I remembered feeling panicked, so agitated and desperate to reach to. . . . .someone. . .