15: A Rule

"Yes, dad?", I answered the phone hesitantly. Jungkook didn't say anything except that we somehow had a problem with my father and my phone had been ringing constantly before I could hear his explanation.

Dad had gone for a much-needed vacation in the States. His words, not mine. I knew that he had gone to help my cousin brother Kyle for managing the branch there. Kyle had been panicking a lot. But I needed to toughen him up. He has been spoiled too much. Dad was returning tomorrow to Korea.

"You didn't tell me that you married, Kiara.", My dad stated.

"Married?", I laughed. "What are you talking about? Me and married?", I scoffed thinking how dad had gotten such an absurd idea.

Then, I turned to face Jungkook. He had a knowing look on his face and he was looking at anywhere but me. At that moment, I realized this was the problem he was talking about. Crap.

"Then, His Highness, the Crown prince of Busan was joking with me?",  Dad asked. Shit. I glared at Jungkook who just gave a nervous smile.

"Who do you believe more? Him or me?", I asked.

"Him.", He said. "Because for an instance, I know that you have a knack for hiding things."

"Dad!", I exclaimed.  I need to save myself. I can't let dad know that we are married.

"Kiara, I know that your brain is cooking up different lies right now. So, to save your time, stop. Our lawyer contacted me saying that your information has been updated and it shows now that you are married and your husband is none other than Jeon Jungkook. "

Double crap. No one can save me now.

"Uhh. . . Dad, you see. . ."

"You weren't planning on telling me an information as big as this, were you?", He asked.

"Uhh. . . It was kinda sudden.", I replied to appease him but I knew that nothing was going to work.

"Kiara, it's not a small matter. You didn't even care to tell me.", Dad accused.

I get it where he is coming from. We have always had each other's backs and my dad is my advisor. I barely hide any things from him and my getting married all of a sudden without informing him must have shocked him.

"I promise to explain everything.", I said.

"You had better. Come to the house with His Highness at 1 pm tomorrow. I will be waiting for your explanation.", Dad said and hung up.

"Okay.", I trailed off. Tomorrow is gonna be my death day.

I heaved a sigh after that phone call.

". . . .What did he say?", Jungkook asked after a moment.

"My house. At 1 PM tomorrow. Meeting with my dad.", I said.

I frowned at him. "He called me earlier, didn't he? Why did you tell him we are married?"

"It kinda slipped.", He shrugged.