9: Busan

"Grandma, are you fine?", Jungkook asked holding the hand of his pale grandmother. She had just now opened her eyes.

He had travelled to Busan from his private jet as soon as he had heard the news of his grandma. After an hour and a half, he had finally reached his palace in Busan.

He had taken a car after they had landed at the airport.

The car made its way inside the palace premises. The area was surrounded by huge walls, isolating it from anything else. A large black gate was marked as the entrance to the palace. The design of two golden dragons was carved on the huge gate which made the place seem intimidating. The palace area spread over acres. They had different sub-palaces within the area which were built in ancient Korean style. The main palace was where the reigning monarch resided and the other palaces were for the other members of the royal family. Jungkook wasn't the king yet. Hence, he lived in the palace designed for the crown prince, the nearest building to the main palace.

Flowers bloomed everywhere and everything looked green and fresh. No wonder his grandma loved living here.

Hundreds of rooms were present all around the palace areas. All stair rails were ornate mahogany, carved and polished so that they shined. Family portraits were painted in oils and hung in gold frames. Furniture was all handmade by master craftsmen. The maids and servants were always ready to be in service. The air was scented with fresh flowers. Fine arts and artifacts were stocked up in different cabinets. Over the centuries, the palace had also adjusted to modern times but the glorious history of his ancestors was still imminent.

His favorite area was the Spring Pavilion. It was a beautiful place, perfect for having tea and snacks while watching the wonderful scenery. The pavilion was built on top of a lake and the lovely scent from the cherry blossom trees would hover around this area all year long. He made a mental note to spend some time here in solitude after checking his grandma's condition.

"What stimulated this reaction? Did you eat anything?", He asked, concerned for her.

The doctor had told him that it was just a mild attack and had prescribed some medicines.

"No, Jungkook...", She shook her head. She looked slightly better now but her breathing was still heavy as she struggled to speak.

"Easy there.", He said and gave the glass of water to her. She slowly drank it and gave it back to him. He didn't miss her hands trembling.

"What happened, grandma?", He again asked.

"Nothing....", She shook her head. He didn't miss the terror in her eyes.

"Something clearly happened, grandma.", He paused for a moment. "Why aren't you telling me?"

"I...It's nothing, Jungkook...I just over-exerted... myself."

"Grandma, I know it's not the reason. What happened? Please tell me...", He pleaded. "Don't you think I deserve to hear it?"

She closed her eyes looking pained. "You can't know about this...Not until you are of age..."

"What are you talking about?", Jungkook was confused now. Not until I am of age?

She touched his face with her pale hands. "You are the only heir of our Jeon family....You should always put yourself above everything. You are our only lineage. You need to take care of yourself."