7: First Meeting

Kiara

Since I had taken over my dad's business at the age of twenty, I had never...not even once felt nervous about anything. I had a motto in my life. Fake it till you make it.

A girl who didn't have any experience in business except studies and her father, when all of a sudden pushed into the business world among power hungry people, calculating eyes, manipulating tongues, what does she do? Simple.

This world has the policy of survival of the fittest. If you are not capable, you can't survive here. Now when I remember the me from five years ago, I want to say that I was impressed by her. And trust me, it takes a lot to impress Kim Kiara.

I wasn't confident. I was nervous and scared of failure. But I  put on a mask and went through every business ventures by faking confidence.

I practiced confidence every day and I eventually achieved it. I faked it so frequently that it gradually became the truth. Fake it till you make it. I had believed that and my unwavering determination supported me throughout the whole process.

I should have been nervous facing businessmen who were twice my age but I was never once fazed. Or atleast my mask didn't let it show. As I manoeuvred my way through meetings after meetings, I wasn't the one who had fear hidden beneath my face, it was the others. They would be afraid of me.

Afraid that I would take their world by storm.

And indeed, I was one storm. Cool and calm before but once it broke out, it would take down everything in its way by force.

Then, why was I feeling  nervous today?

He is just a royal. Really? That helps a lot.

My heart wasn't beating hard against my chest and neither were my palms sweaty. But it was a feeling that gnawed my insides making me feel  unprepared. That I wasn't ready.

Which was a butt load of crap.

Because I could do business even when I was asleep. There was no way in hell I was unprepared. But still my mind had a different opinion which I chose to ignore for now.

Oh where was I. Right. I was in front of the Jeon Mansion.

A large black shiny gate stood in front of my vision giving a solid promise of the finery that was behind it. Huge walls surrounded the place from all sides keeping it secluded from the outside world.

I tapped my fingers slowly as I waited for my driver while he talked with the security to let us in. After some minutes, he got inside the car and the gate was opened. The car drove inside the mansion premises as the gates were closed behind us once again.

After my driver was instructed to park the car at the parking lot, I got off the car along with my secretary, Coral. A man dressed in a black suit with a bow tie stood some laps away waiting for our arrival.

He came to welcome us with a warm smile plastered on his face. "Good Afternoon, Miss Kim."

"Good afternoon.", I replied curtly.

"I am the butler of the Jeon Family and you can address me as Mr. Chu.", The man gave a bow.

"Glad to meet you, Mr Chu.", I said. His eyes slid towards my secretary and I introduced her. "She is my secretary, Coral."