21: After midnight

Kiara

The door was opened and a shirtless Jungkook came in front of my vision. My breath got caught in my throat. Shit. Damn.

He looked puzzled but  opened the door for me, running his hands through his hair.

I stepped inside and thankfully, there was no blonde there.

"Why are you here?", He asked quizzically. "And why did you leave so early?"

"I am here to take my bags. . .", I said. "I left early because I. . .wasn't feeling well. . ."

"Oh, you alright now?", He asked, looking concerned. He brought his hand forward to touch my forehead. I felt a jolt of electricity go down my spine as his hand made contact with my forehead.

"Yeah. I am fine.", I told, stepping back. I can't let his touch affect me to this extent.

He scratched the back of his neck, remembering that he had touched me. But it hadn't been midnight yet. So, he was good.

Don't ask. Don't ask.  Don't ask.

"Where's the blonde girl?", But I did it anyways.

"Who?", He asked, looking confused than ever.

"The girl with whom you were talking.", I said.

"Oh, was she a blonde?", He asked, racking his mind to remember.

Really, how unobservant he is. The guy was in front of a stunning beauty.

"Why do you ask?", He said.

My cheeks warmed up. I felt like a freaking wife who was interrogating her husband. Yeah, I know I am. But fake.

"Nothing.", I shrugged.

Something clicked in his brain as familiarity made it's way onto his face. He raised his brow. "Were you jealous?"

"What?! No?!", I was quick to deny. "Why would I even be jealous? That's just so absurd!", I scoffed.

"That explains why you wanted to leave early.", He crossed his arms.

"I wasn't jealous.", I retorted.

"Oh really?"

"Why would I be jealous?  I am not your wife nor your girlfriend."

"You are my wife.", He arched his brow.

"Fake. Fake wife.", I reasoned.

He leaned closer towards me. My heart rate quickened. A thousand thoughts were racing inside my head. What is he doing? Shit, I am here for my bag. Nothing more.

The corner of his lips quirked up into a smirk. "I really want to know what goes on inside your head.", He said as his breath caressed my face, sending shivers down my body.

"If you are just my fake wife, then why were you jealous, princess?"

I didn't have any reply. Why would I be jealous? There's no reason to be. We aren't in a relationship. And I don't even like-- crap. Do I?

In that moment, something dawned on me. Something which was strictly forbidden in our case. I can't like him. No way.

The room was dark with only the light in the balcony, illuminating the room dimly. My heart started beating faster as I gazed at Jungkook who had stopped moving. The light cast it's shadow on his face and I could see those tempting lips under that dim light.