46: Leaving

Reina

Jungkook held my hand and led me towards some place. After walking for some more minutes, we reached in front of a closed wooden door.

He opened it and I stepped inside. My eyes grew wide as I took in the sight of the huge library. Books filled up the shelves to the brim. Paintings of various artists were hung on the walls.There was also a desk in the middle of the library, the shade of the wood so rich and dark. Sunlight streamed inside the room through the open windows. The interior of the library was warm and cozy.

It would be lovely to spend time here in rainy and stormy days. I would sit on his lap while Jungkook would read me a book. I would snuggle against his neck and feel his soft even breaths.

It was so easy with him. So easy to picture him with me in future.

"My library.", His soft voice shook me out of my trance.

"I didn't think that you were a bookworm."

"Well, I love reading."

"You wanted to show me your library? It's lovely."

"No. Something else.", He said.

He walked towards the desk. He took a book from there and opened it.

I observed him as he took out an earring from inside. The earring dazzled under the sunlight. I stared at it with a puzzled expression.

"Your earring.", He took my hand and placed the earring on my palm.

My eyebrows furrowed. I examined it for some more time and the realization sank in . "This is really mine. . . .I thought-I thought I had lost it."

"You still remember it?", He asked.

"I loved this earring. It was one of my favourites. When I lost it, I was very upset."

"Well, it clung to my coat jacket the day you stabbed me.", He gave a sheepish smile.

"You mean the day you came to spy on me. Definitely deserved."

He laughed, his laughter making me feel warm all over. "I want to give this back to you. I have had it with me for four years. I had always thought that the next time we met, I would give this back to you."

The fact that he had kept this with him for years made my heart flutter.

I took his hand and instead, placed the earring on his palm.

"You don't want it back?", He looked surprised. "You said it was one of your favourites."

"You have already had it for four years. I don't want to take it from you. It's pretty special. A token of our first meeting. I want you to keep it so that you won't forget me."

"I will never forget you.", He frowned, looking firm. "Can I really forget the person who makes my heart beat?" He pulled me by my waist, closer to him. My cheeks heated up and I gently leaned my head against his chest. The sound of his heartbeat a rhythmic music to my ears. . .

"You better not. If you ever forget me, I won't talk to you again."

"You don't need to worry about that, my lady.", He chuckled. "In our relationship, you will always be the heartbreaker. Not me."

I didn't know how to retort to that.

"Which artist drew that?", I pointed to a sketch which was hung on the wall. My eyes had instantly gotten attracted to them. The sketch was protected inside a frame and the artist had drawn really beautiful eyes.