60: My Soul will always find Yours

Kiara

Months flew by slowly, slower than a tortoise crawling on the ground, at least for me. I was once again reminded of the enigma of time, of how it doesn't wait for anyone and keeps on moving at its own pace.

After he left for Korea, it again took another full week for me to recover from the pain. It took every ounce in me to not burst into tears every time. But after a week, I was done crying. I was done wallowing over self-pity. I had to get my shit together.

I devoted even more time to working so that I wouldn't torment myself by thinking how he was doing, if he was missing me, if he was eating or sleeping well. As the months to the coronation started nearing, there was frequent news about Jungkook every other day. His face would be on the headline of every newspaper. And it was painful how everyone could admire him freely, but I was forbidden to do the same. I would read every news that he was on, trying to catch a glimpse of how he was doing.

But even that reached its limit when one day, I saw his picture with a woman on the front page of a newspaper.

The Crown Prince of Busan, Jeon Jungkook was spotted with Park Luna, the heiress of the Park Conglomerate, last Friday. They were also spotted dining together at the Serendipity Hotels the week before. The sparks are flying in the air. With just 3 months away from the Grand Coronation, has the Jeon Family finally found its future Queen?

I trusted Jungkook. I trusted him more than anything and I knew I shouldn't be impulsive.

But it still hurt when the pictures of them appeared in newspapers after newspapers, each of them snapped from a different event.

I stopped reading the newspapers. Even if I did, I would strictly skim through the business topic only. I started avoiding every topic which involved Jungkook like a plague. It was the only thing that I could do to hold my sanity when everything around me was crashing down.

While everything was going terrible, it was reassuring that the company was doing better. With the deal with Kim Taehyung, the sales had sky-rocketed and had given a huge boost to the company. Kyle was managing our company in Korea for now. He would often call me to nag about this and that and try to make me laugh. CQ company which had been a major pain in my ass back then was procuring loss after their product didn't do well in the market.

The knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Come in," I said.

The door opened and Cara came inside, looking radiant. She was holding a newspaper.

I raised my brow. "What is it?"

"Miss Kim! You need to see this!", She rushed towards me.

"What is it about?", I again asked her.

"It's your Prince!", She said, thrusting the newspaper into my hands.

"Jungkook?"

She nodded eagerly.

I instantly dropped the newspaper on the table. "Cara, I already told you I don't want to hear any news about him."

"No, but Miss Kim, You need to see this!"

"I am not going to."

"You need to or you are going to regret it!", She started pestering relentlessly. I again picked up the papers and with a heavy heart, started reading the news at the front.

My eyes widened at the title.

The Crown Prince of Busan, Jeon Jungkook, holds his first art exhibition successfully at the  Busan Art Gallery