Chapter 4

Kind of how I imagine Viper but not 100% accurate^^^
⚠️Cussing, yelling, someone being scared, talk of dueling, mentions of past abuse, mentions of alcohol⚠️
______________________________
"I can take care of mysel-" Sky cut himself off when a knife flew twards his head...

Viper quickly grabbed Sky's arm and pulled him to his chest, the knife narrowly missing Sky's shoulder.

"Who the fuck threw that?!" Viper yelled in the general direction of where the knife would have come from.

Sky was still against Viper's chest as he was frozen. When he snapped out of his shocked/scared state he pulled away slightly from Viper.

"I did! It was an accident, the knife slipped from my hand. It was ment for the target not the new kid, I swear." Some person said sounding like they where half scared and half didn't care.

"Keep a better grip next time or else there will be a problem here." Viper glared at the kid, his eyes flaring red for a second before returning to their blue.

"Sorry." The person squeaked before going back to the group that was training with him.

"Are you okay?" Viper asked as he gave Sky a once over.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just didn't expect that. I guess I need to learn how to expect the unexpected." Sky chuckled as he looked around the massive place.

"You just had a blade thrown at your face and your not conserned at all?" Viper asked dumbfounded, he would have thought that he would be at least a little shaken up.

"Well its not the first time something like that has happened to me." Sky said with a shrug as if that was a normal thing to say.

"What do you mean?" Viper asked as they walked twards Alya and Dayne.

"Well my dad will throw things at me all the time whenever I do something wrong. I deserve it most of the time so it's okay. I've also learned how to dodge them pretty well." Sky said making Viper stop him.

"Your dad hurt you?" He asked, his eyes half red half normal.

"I mean yeah but only when I do something wrong." Sky said sounding confused as to why this bugged Viper so much.

"What things did you do wrong?" Viper asked as he kept his hands on Sky's shoulders.

"Well if I burned food on accident, was late to school, didn't clean the house, couldn't get him a beer quickly enough, ectera." Sky said counting the things off on his fingers as he said them.

"How bad did he hurt you?" Viper asked in a gentle tone as he titled Sky's head up so their eyes could meet.

"Well the worst thing he did was burn me on the stove. He normally just hits be or kicks me. Whenever I do something really bad he will whip me with his belt but after a while the sting isn't as painful." Sky said, not breaking their eye contact.

"Have you been to the doctor or someone to help heal your wounds?" Viper asked, his voice dripping with consern.

This was not like him. Normaly he was very shut off and didn't talk to anyone besides Dayne and Alya. Now he was all of a sudden conserned and worried about this boy? Why? What's so different about him?

"No, well exsept for that one time he gave me a broken wrist. We went to the doctor and he told me to tell them that I fell out of a tree." Sky replied as he looked down at his right wrist.

"When we get to our room I am going to heal you okay?" Viper asked making Sky blush lightly.

"You don-" Before Sky could finnish the sentence Viper cut him off.

"I know I don't have to, I want to. Now let's go train so Alya and Dayne don't get worried." He said before letting go of Sky's shoulders and walking twards the weights area.

Sky followed him once again until they reached Alya and Dayne.

"There you two are! What took you so long?" Alya asked as she put down her beginning weight.

She would always work up from ten to sixty-five pound weights.

"Well I got a really bad headache for some reason and so Viper helped me with that and then someone accidentally threw a knife at my face. Then Viper asked me some questions that I answered and now we are here." Sky said as he sat down onto the bench press.

"Viper helped you? How?" Alya asked as she eyed the two.

"He used his magic? I don't know, he hugged me and the pain went away." Sky said before getting up and placing a ten pound weight on either side of the bar.

"But magic take-" Alya was cut off by Viper.

"Takes a hug to work so it is fine. Now let's start with this because we only have two hours before dinner." He said while glaring at Alya in a warning manner.

With a sigh she nodded and picked up her hand weights again.

They all worked out for the remainder of time, Viper and Sky working with the bench press, spotting each other. Alya worked with the hand weights and Dayne didn't bother with weights. They instead did push-ups, sit ups, pull ups (on a wall bar), along with easier things like jumping-jacks and squats.

Once it was time for dinner they where all sweating and hungry.

They all walked to the cafeteria together and sat at the same table they sat at this afternoon.

As they talked, just getting to know each other better Kathy told them that they could get dinner so they did so.

Once dinner was done Susan clapped loudly causing everyone to quiet down.

"Alright campers! Your curfew is ten and lights out at eleven. You still have all of the same rules I said earlier as well. Oh and if you have a problem with your roommate then come and talk to me or Mr.Wagner about it. That is all, you are dismissed." Susan said as she dismissed everyone with a wave of her hand.

Everyone quickly ran out of the cafeteria and off to wherever they wanted to be for the next few hours.

"Do you guys want to train and duel or do something different?" Dayne asked as they all walked out of the cafeteria.

"I have no clue how to duel so if anyone is willing to teach me then I would appreciate it." Sky said sheepishly as he kept his eyes down, looking at the grass.

"I can tea-" Alya was once again cut off by Viper.

"I'll teach you." He said as he moved so he was imbetween Sky and Alya.

Alya rolled her eyes in annoyance but let it be for now.

"Thank you." Sky said with a small smile as they reached the dome again. This time they went to a different part of the building.

This area was full of dueling equipment, swords, shields, ect.

"Welcome to the place where you will spend most of your life while your here." Dayne said with a smile as they dramatically opened their arms, showing the place off in one swoop.

"Looks...fun?" Sky replied as he looked around the place.

"Its really not that bad. Good luck being with Viper though." Alya said as she patted Sky's shoulder before walking to Dayne.

"Ignore her." Viper said as he grabbed two jousting lances.

He handed one to Sky who took it with a nod of thanks.

"I hope your a quick learner." Viper said as he stepped beside Sky.

This should be interesting...
______________________________________

1,289 Words! I hope you all have an amazing day/night! Love you all!! Stay safe!!!💖💖💖