Chapter 22

⚠Cussing, perv teacher, talk of cuts, small mentions of bl**d, talk of past abuse, F-slur, someone being protective someone being possessive, someone being mad, someone being flustered⚠

"I- um... years of living with an abusive father and having to be able to tell lies really well I guess." Sky said as he looked down at the clovers that littered across the ground.

Dayne stayed quiet not expecting that to be the answer as Viper continued to be confused.

"So if you lied then that means that something did happen. Why aren't you telling me what happened?" Viper thought aloud before adding the question.

"Well, I... um..." Sky stuttered not noticing Mrs. Stella walking towards them.

"What is going on over here? Why are none of you working? Are you okay Sky? Did one of them do something to you?" She rapid-fired questions making both Sky and Dayne jump as Viper meirly glared at her.

"Oh! Um well Dayne was just doing their birth power on me so we were recovering from it. They read minds and memories." Sky said before answering the other questions. "Also I'm fine and nobody did anything to me. Thank you for your consern though." He said politely.

"Okay well if they or anyone else does anything to you then just come to me and I will handle them. Then I can try and take your mind off of what they did for you." She said as she placed her hand on Sky's shoulder instantly making Sky flinch back.

Viper hit her hand off of Sky's shoulder before bringing him into a protective hug.

"Don't touch him." He growled at her as Sky relaxed into the embrace, hiding in Viper's shoulder.

"Aww protective boyfriend I see. Well sorry, I thought you two were just friends." Mrs. Stella said bitterly before she started to turn around to leave.

"Now get back to work you three!" She called over her shoulder before walking over to another group of kids.

"Asahi that lady annoys me." Dayne muttered making Sky instantly look over at him.

"Was that a Haikyuu reference?" He asked as Viper kept his eyes on Mrs. Stella who would occasionally look over at the group linking her lips when she saw Sky.

*Gasp* "YOU WATCH HAIKYUU TOO?!" Dayne yelled with a large grin.

"YES!" Sky replied with an equally large grin.

"Oi, keep it down that's my ear your yelling into." Viper muttered before he tightened his grip on Sky, seeing a few people look at them because of the yelling.

"Oh sorry Viper." Sky giggled before Dayne stood up.

"Well we are definitely going to talk about that over diner. For now we need to work on your magic though." They said as they held their hand out for Sky to take.

Sky accepted the hand and looked expectantly at Viper.

"What?" Viper replied looking confused.

"He needs you to remove your arm so he can get up." Dayne said with a laugh when Viper blushed in embarrassment and removed his arm.

"Sorry." He muttered as Sky stood up and turned around to help Viper up.

"It's fine!" Sky replied with a smile as he lifted Viper off of the ground, struggling slightly so Dayne helped him by grabbing Viper's other hand.

Once everyone was standing again Dayne asked "So are we working on Sky's powers now or Viper's?" 

"I use my power all of the time so lets go with Viper's powers." Sky replied getting a shrug from Viper.