Rain

Shoot. It's raining.

You cursed within yourself after picking up some cash from the ATM, and walked out to the rain pouring down hard. You reached for your phone and texted your friend, telling him to wait for a bit longer due to the sudden event.

You stood by the front of the door, thinking of walking back inside and buy a cup of coffee as you wait for the rain to stop. 

After purchasing the drink, you sat by the window as you gazed out of the window. The rain seemed to have gotten harder as the sound of the rain grew louder. Just then, a girl walked up to the only seat left around and set herself down. Which is next to you.

You didn't mind and kept scrolling down on your phone, going past the posts your friends had posted not giving a single like and just decided to close it as you were not in the mood for it.

You then heard the girl started to sing next to you, your ears pricked after realizing that the lyrics were familiar with one of the songs you know.

I'll be better than I was before
Despite every text of yours ignored
Will you call me still, just to hear my voice?
I swear, always, I'll care

Her soothing voice made your interest grew more, as you listened to her singing and waited for her to end before you talk.

"Hey, i love that song." You turned your head to the girl as you said it, resulting in her giving you a smile.

"Really?! It's my favorite!" 

"Mine too!" 

The two of you then started to discuss about each other's favorite music, as it turns out that she's in the same school as you, just in a different class. What a small world.

The talk went on and on until the rain had fully stopped. And that's when your phone started to vibrate, shutting down the fiery conversation you were having.

"Ah shoot, my friend's calling me. I better get going."

"Oh, okay. It was nice talking with you." You were about to leave, when you felt a sudden urge to ask for her contact. After having talking with someone who shares the same interest as you, you were intrigued to talk more with the person.

"If you don't mind, would you mind if i ask for your contact?" You were ready to be rejected by her, when she gave you a reply with a smile.

"Sure." She then typed in her contact ID on your phone, as she returned it with her contact showing her name.

"Thanks. Let's talk more soon, Hyewon-ah."

_______

Sorry if this is a short one. I've been trying to get back up on my feet, getting my rhythm back after the recent sequence of events happening irl. Hence, a short one story i thought of.

Also, there's a project going on right now for wiz*ones.

https://twitter.com/CoolKetchup1029/status/1373281399491399683?s=19

https://twitter.com/CoolKetchup1029/status/1375357188026159105?s=19

Please do give it a read.