How do you feel II

I messed up big time.

You thought to yourself as you witnessed your wife, Chaewon, walk out of the apartment you shared cheerfully, a contrast to how she's always acted when she's home. A year has passed by and Chaewon is still the same as ever, worse if not. It always seemed like she's being held hostage at your place, grew a smile only when she was set free once in a while. 

Every single day, you would always give her lots of love and affection by cooking, but it was never enough as she never returned any words and just ate the whole thing before going back to do her own thing, and that is to chat with her beloved 'who knows who'. You didn't mind not knowing who the guy might be, respecting her privacy. Which would make a few friends of yours scratch their heads and wonder.

It all proved to be too much as you could only drink outside, getting drunk at the bar by yourself and trying to at least get your mind away from your marriage life. It wasn't 'til a week later when a close friend of yours decided that she would accompany you in your depressed hours.

"Ya.... can't you just appeal for a divorce or something?" The woman said to you as you took a shot of soju you had in your hand. It was Song Yuqi. One of the only friends you have left that's still in contact with you after you graduated from high school and married Chaewon.

"I can't, Yuqi-ah. If I could, I would've been divorced months ago."

Yuqi sighed at you, being at the lowest you've ever been.

"Is there really nothing I can help you with?" You shook your head.

"It's weird how we're married, yet we never do anything related to marriage. It was as if... she's just another person. A roommate, you could say. And it hurts." She looked at you with pity as you gulped down more glasses, with each empty glass being filled by her.

"You know I can... I can help you relieve some stress if you want to, Y/N." She held your hand as you looked up at her, making you feel worse.

"I appreciate the thought of Yuqi, but you shouldn't do it for me. You mean much more than that to me."

"Y/N...." She patted your back as you rested your head on the table, feeling dizzy as the alcohol was starting to work its magic on you.

"Then I guess I should just pay you for tonight's drink. Just don't get too drunk. It's too late for me to say that, isn't it?" She joked with you as she giggled, trying to lift the mood.

"You don't have to do that. Just stay here with me."

"Sure, Y/N. Anything for you."

_______

This is it.

You thought to yourself as you stared at the piece of paper in front of you, already filled with the information needed. The last time you met Yuqi was when you decided that you should stop and give it another shot. Yuqi shook her head before bidding good luck to you as you went back to the battlefield, trying to win her heart. Months have passed since the last time you met Yuqi, and things were just getting worse. She's started to spend less time in your apartment, only taking care of herself when she's even present. It brought you down to the ground again and again, and you decided that it was enough.

You decided that it was for the better that you let her go, although you don't want it to happen. Now, the only thing the paper needs left is your wife's signature.

"Chaewon-ah. Here." You handed her the paper and she scanned through it before a smile was plastered on her face, looking at you with glittering eyes.

"Thank you so much Y/N!!" She gave you a hug you never had before, and you embraced her warmth knowing you'll never experience this ever again in your life.