Mask

"Where have you been going these days, Yuri-ah?" You asked your girlfriend as she was getting ready to leave. "You don't have schedule today, don't you?"

"I'm just hanging out with some old friends." She told you as she gave you a peck on the cheek. "Bye!"

"Be careful!" She left the shared apartment leaving you alone frustrated as you watched the TV. She has been going out a few times lately when she didn't have any schedule on her calendar. You were suspicious of her cheating behind your back without you knowing, but you took your chance, gave her the benefit of the doubt and hoped that she was really hanging out with her friends.

I'll just watch this show.

You opened the show where the singer was wearing a mask and singing with under it. When the show was about to be done and showed the preview for the next episode, it showed you a picture of the next singer with the mask as well as her picture when she was younger.

Wait... i know that face.

You took a pic from the TV and compared it to Yuri's childhood pic.

....Yup. This is 100% her. So this is where she has been going lately....

You thought to yourself as you were relieved that she wasn't cheating at you. You decided to order her favorite food in order to support her, but played dumb so that she won't realize that you know that she's been going to that show.

On the day of the episode.

"Babe!" She called you as you were on your laptop.

"What?" You took off your earphones.

"Let's watch this show!" She showed you a poster of the show she was in. You played along pretending that you didn't know.

"What's that?" You asked her.

"Just watch it with me. You'll know." She grabbed you by the hand as you followed her to the living room. You cuddled her in your embrace as she turned on the tv.

"Look! It's a new challenger!" She told you as she pointed at the tv. You can't help but giggle at her. She was singing the song 'Introduce Me a Good Person'.

"Isn't her voice great?!" She said as she looked up to you full of hope.

"She is! Wow! I wonder who that is..." You told her as she smirked at you.

"I hope she wins this round." She told you, but she still went out even though the episode had aired, so you concluded that she won.

"She won! Yay!" She clapped joyfully as you did the same.

"Her voice was great. I think i'll watch the next episode too." You told her as she turned her head to you with a smile.

"We'll watch it together!"

One day through the week, you noticed that she stopped going out, which means that....

"Yuri-ah?" You called her. "Want to go out and eat something?" You asked her as she pouted at you.

"Sure."

The day of the next episode.

"Let's watch it again." You told her as she followed your hand.

"What's wrong? You don't look good today." You said to her as she kept this sad face of hers.

"It's nothing." She told you, even though you had known the reason. You both proceeded to watch the episode and as you had expected.

"Aw..... she lost." You looked at her watching the tv looking blue.

"Let's see who's under that mask." You said to her.

" You said to her

You gasped.

"It's you?!" You looked at her in surprise making her finally smile before getting sad again.

"It's me." She said as she laughed awkwardly. "I wish i won. I wanted to give you an even bigger surprise." She told you as she kept the pout.

"You did great already, honey." You rubbed her shoulder. "Let's eat something. You might not be the winner of the show, but you won my heart."

You told her making her cringe at you.

"I'm glad to have you. Let's go!" She said as she got up from the sofa.