Third Wheel

Hey, What do you know?

The question mark is back.

Genre: Fluff?

Requested by : nothingdeservesgood
____________________

You sat at the swing as you looked at a crowd of kids playing with each other. Your shyness won't allow you to come to them and play. You were only here because your parents told you to go out and play with some kids so you'll be like those healthy kids.

I don't wanna be here. I'd rather be home playing the game where there's a guy named Nook.

You thought to yourself as you looked at them. Deep inside you wanted to come to them and play with them. But then again, your shyness is the thing that's blocking you from doing that.

"Why are you alone?" A random girl asked him as she sat next to him by the swing, making him uncomfortable.

Why is she sitting next to me? You thought to yourself.

"I have no friends." You said to her.

"Me too. Why don't we become friends?"

Eh? All of a sudden?

"My name is Kang Hyewon. What's yours?"

"Song... Song Y/N."

"What a cute name!!"

Cute?

"No, really. it's not that cute."

"Should we play something? How about we play here and talk instead? Maybe we have something in common."

You started chatting with Hyewon as the day passes by, gradually getting closer with her. You even found out that she went to the same school as you, just in a different class. You have a lot more in common that you thought you have.

She seems alright. I guess she can be my friend.

"Hyewon-ah~ It's getting late~ Let's go home."

"Aww~ already? I guess i have to go now, Y/N."

"I'm about to go home too. Bye, Wonnie!"

"Wonnie?"

"That's a cute name i'm calling you by. You don't like it?"

"Actually, i like it a lot! See you at school, Y/N!"

Your friendship with her blossomed ever since. The next year, you both were classmates and started getting even closer. You promised to go to the same school and even the same high school. Hyewon would eventually get popular meanwhile you're staying as the quiet kid. Even though Hyewon got popular, but she never left you in the dust and still ask you to hang out together after school. Just the both of you of course.

You wondered if she also had feelings for you since you two always hang out together. She would always tell you whenever she has any problems, such as school tasks or something like that. But one day...

"Hyewon-ah? You've been busy with your phone for the past few days." You asked her as you hung out with her after school at some cafe. She has been typing on her phone for quite some time.

"Is that the guy who asked for your phone number before?" You asked. Just a few days ago, there was some guy approaching her as she was hanging out with her friends at the cafeteria during lunch. You knew he asked for her phone number because both of them then got out their phone as soon as he talked for a bit.

"Yeah, it is. How did you know?" She replied not even glancing at you, making your heart crack a little.

"Just guessing. What're you talking about with him?"