Change of mind

Request by : NOIZONENOLIFE

I won't be using Y/N here according to the request.

______________

"*sigh* Starting over huh?" You looked at the school building that's overshadowing you. The thought of having to make new friends all over again when you're already struggling just making one in the previous school is making you annoyed. You transferred here due to your father being deported and had to move to another location. Since your old school would be too far from where you'll be moving to, your parents decided to transfer you to a more reachable one.

"Here goes nothing." You stepped inside the school yard trying to find your way to the teacher's office to find your homeroom teacher. You felt stares from the other students because they have never really seen you. Well it's a given because you just transferred there.

You found the teacher you were looking for and chatted with him for a bit before the bell started ringing, indicating that school is starting. You followed him from behind as you scanned every single bit of the school to try and get used to your environment.

"Hello. My name is Jafee Jim." You said introducing yourself to the class. No one seemed to be reacting.

"You can sit next to the window, Jim." He pointed to the empty seat on the back of the class.

"Okay, let's start the class."

Time Skip

The bell rang for lunch and students are either going to eat their lunch, the bathroom, basically anything they can do whilst the break time. Nobody seemed to be interested in you as they hung out with their own circles, leaving you at the edge of the class as you ate your own lunch. The others would constantly stare at you and get back to their own talk. You were too shy to try and talk with them so here you are.

You looked out of the window once in a while to try and get over of your loneliness when some girl came up to you.

"Hi! Can i call you Jim?" She asked as you nodded to her question.

"Can i eat with you?"

"Sure." She pulled a nearby seat and across of you as she placed her own lunch box to the table.

"What's your name?" You asked her.

"Lee Chaeyeon. But you can call me Chaeyeon."

"Okay, Chaeyeon-ah." You both exchanged smile as you started eating at the same time.

"Why did you transfer here?"

"My father got deported and so i need to transfer. It's a bit sad for me because i'm quite the distance from my friends over there."

"Oh. I'll be your friend. You can hang out with me anytime you want." She flashed a smile to you. You were glad because there's someone who's willing to come up to you and talk.

"Thanks."

"Tell me about yourself, Jim." You both were so immersed in your conversation, not realizing that lunch is already over. You exchanged contacts with her before parting. You looked at her contact before putting it back to your pocket.

She's kinda cute. You thought to yourself. Ever since then, she would constantly come to you and would hang out together. Doing school tasks together in the library, studying for a quiz or an exam. It's been months ever since you two hang out together and you two eventually became best friends. At one point, you started developing feelings for her and end up falling in love with your best friend. But you weren't sure whether she's also in love with you or not since it looks like she's nice to not just you, but everybody. She's always smiling to everybody she greets, but somehow, the smile she always gave you felt different.