Ch8: Fairy Fail

Bondita's pov
I was unable to walk properly in those shoes. My feet were aching as if someone has stabbed them with a knife yet I tried to walk in them kyuki pati babu k liye kuch bhi. The gown was making me uncomfortable too. I have never been in a gown but if that's what he loves then unke liye kuch bhi, jaan bhi.

Thanks to Batuk, the way he handled me and supported me, Best friend for a reason. He didn't let me fall and will never do, I know that.

"Pati babu dikh nehi rahe" I told him as I searched for him, "zaroor kisi ladki k sath honge".

There were so much food and drinks, for the first time I was attending an English party...all food that I only saw in books

"Pyas lagi hain" I told Batuk.

"Tum yahi ruko mein pani leke ata hu" he went away in search of water while my eyes searched for a sight of my pati babu.

"Hi pretty girl" said an English man of my Pati babu's age.

I forced a smile.

"Wanna dance?" He forwarded his hand but I nodded in no and moved to another side.

"Hey what is the matter" that man followed me, "Jacob, Matthew come here" he called two of his friend.

"She isn't dancing".

"Hey she looks too young isn't it David said Jacob as they stood surrounding me.

I tried to leave but Matthew held my hand, "hey common come to the dance floor you Indian girl, do what we Britishers say".

"Hath choro" I whispered and struggled to free my hand, "Batuk!" I called his name.

David touched my hair gently, "come on little girl, dance with us" he said and I jerked off his hand. "Mujhe dance nehi karni".

"Stop acting like a queen, you look cute" said Jacob and touched my cheeks.

I tried to leave but due to my shoes I was about to fall but Matthew held me. "Leave me!" I cried. "Not before a couple dance" he winked at me and pulled my hands. "Batuk!" Yelled and tried to run again and was about to fall but someone held me. This touch was a protective one, I looked up and saw pati babu holding me.

Batuk came running and I hugged him as I was scared and crying. Pati babu looked at David and held his collar and pinned him to the pillar, "himmat kaise hui Bondita ko chune ki" he was about to punch him but I stopped him, "pati babu rukiye"

Batuk's pov
"Pati babu?" Said Matthew and laughed hard. Addressing the crowd he said, "look friends, Anirudh has married a child".

The English crowd laughed at him. "This is your revolution Mr Anirudh Roy Chowdhury? Marrying a little child".

Jacob made fun of Dada, "see Anirudh's little wifey".

Bondita looked at me while crying. I rubbed off her tears and gestured to her not to cry.

"Pati babu" she whispered.

"Chup Bondita!" Dada suddenly yelled at her. Even I got scared and surprised. "Kyu aye ho tum yaha?"

"Pati babu ap meri baat to suniye..." She said while sobbing.

"pati babu pati babu kyu laga k rakha hain, nehi hu mein tumhara pati" he yelled at her in front of everyone, "nahi tum meri patni ho".

I witnessed her breaking down completely. I knew Dada will break her heart...that is what he is good at.

"Ye ap kya keh rahe hain? In logo k mazak k karan ap humare rishte ko aswikar kar rahe hain?"