Ch74: Happily Ever After(Bonus)

Hello peeps!

SURPRISE!!
You all had so many questions regarding this book and I was planning to answer them on a particular day.

So I just crossed 300 followers and I was waiting for this day to post this bonus chapter.

Remember: your writer is unpredictable ❤️

Now enjoy!
................................

This part takes place many years before Batuk was informed about Lolita

Batuk's pov
So finally it was the day, the day of my marriage. Urmila is Shantanu Uncle's daughter and Shantanu uncle is Baba's business partner so we knew each other's our college days. After Priyam left, I have seen rainfall, scorching sun, falling of leaves, dried up trees but not her. When I meet Urmila at our college reunion I shared everything with her and eventually became good friends, not love but a beautiful bond of friendship. Now that I have decided to give my life another chance, I will do it because one thing that I have learnt is never to keep your heart wounded or else you will bleed in others. I was seated on the pidhi and Bondita walked in with other ladies, holding a bowl of turmeric paste. She was draped in a beautiful yellow saree with a long braid decorated with flowers.

All the women danced to the soulful music that was being played. To be noted Urmila was sitting just beside me, separated by a wall of cloth sheet hung between us. Since Shantanu uncle had recently moved here from London, their house applications were not yet shifted so the marriage was happening from this house.

Bondita grooved and danced, and laughed while I watched everything with a smile. They were mostly addressing Urmila during the dance.

Boroloker bitilo lomba lomba chul
Emon matha bendhe debo laal genda phool.

Dekhechilm shorane, orey shoraney
Amar songe dekha hobe babur bagane

Boroloker bitilo lomba lomba chul
Emon matha bendhe debo laal genda phool.

Dipping the Beatle leaf in the turmeric, Bondita applied the paste on my cheeks and then my arms, "ekdum handsome dulha lagone tum" she giggled then in the same way the turmeric was applied on Urmila.

jaa kene kotha jabi, orey kotha ke jabi
Dudin porey amr chara ar kar baa hobi.

Boroloker bitilo lomba lomba chul
Emon matha bendhe debo laal genda phool.

Bondita and other women rolled out their tongues, making the sound of ullu dhavni while pouring the water on me. I looked to my right and could see Urmila through the translucent cloth. I applied some turmeric on Bondita's nose to tease her and she frowned. All the women applied haldi to each other. After the ritual, I moved back to my room and like every other day, once again I dialled the same number and like every other day, it was another failed attempt.

Author's pov
Someone suddenly pulled Bondita out of the crowd and dragged her upstairs.

"Pati babu kya hain? Niche kitna kaam hain jaane dijiye".

Taking her to the terrace, he pinned her to the wall, "sab k liye time hain bass mere liye nehi".

"Hatiye to ap" she gave him a slight pushed but he caged her, "nehi haatunga, kya karogi?"

"Kaka Sasurji app?" Bondita spoke suddenly at which he flinched away out of fear. Bondita busted out laughing making him realise that she was only joking. He again pulled her closer, "aj gaye holud hain na?"